How to deal with common boundary matters

There are some boundary enquiries where HM Land Registry will be unable to help, as we only hold certain information on our register. In these instances we'll direct you to an organisation who may be able to help.

Use this service to find out

  • if we can help with your boundary enquiry
  • how to access and interpret any information we hold
  • what your options are when we are unable to help
  • how to correct a mistake on your title plan

Before you start, you will need to know

  • if the property is registered with HM Land Registry
  • who owns the property
  • whether it's owned jointly or by one person

You can search for information about a property from HM Land Registry.

Warning We only register land and property in England and Wales.
We do not manage the registers for Scotland and Northern Ireland