Liquid error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Update your contact address in the proprietorship register

Documents you need to send

Complete form COG1 to update your contact address on properties you own. Read the guidance on how to complete form COG1 or watch our guidance video  to find out what documents you need to send as evidence.

Evidence you need to send

  • a passport-sized photo taken in the last 3 month

And a photocopy of either:

  • the page of your valid passport which shows the passport number and photograph, or
  • a current, full United Kingdom, EU, Isle of Man or Channel Islands photocard driving licence (NOT a provisional licence)


You also need to send two of the following documents:

  • utility bill less than 3 months old
  • council tax bill for the current year
  • mortgage statement for the year just ended

These documents must:

  • be documents you received in the post
  • relate to the property that you want to change the contact address for
  • show the address that you want to add to the property register

If you do not have these documents

See Practice guide 67: evidence of identity for more information and the options available to you.

There is no fee for this application

Where to send your application

See HM Land Registry address for applications.