Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 08:47:19 GMT by Rebecca Armstrong

Hi- we brought our house in December 2020, but due to various errors by the sellers solicitors and ours, the first registration has been delayed. Please can you let me know whether Land Registry now has everything required to register the sale and how long this will take? Many thanks, Rebecca.

Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 12:25:36 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Rebecca - submitted in October and now waiting to be processed. That's unlikely to start until the end of the year/early next year based on current timescales. (HP871526)
We won't know if we have everything until processing starts and we will contact the conveyancer when that happens.
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 18:51:59 GMT by Rebecca Armstrong
Thanks Adam- as in October 2022? So it's been with Land Registery for nearly a year already and won't be reviewed until end of the year/ early next year? Was the last correspondence on it October 2022? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 12 Aug 2023 05:07:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
Rebecca - that's correct on all counts.
Whilst the wait time is lengthy the crucial part is that you are protected. The wait time is more of an administrative worry for conveyancer than us as your actual ownership and more are usually unaffected.
Far from ideal and do appreciate it can be a 'worry' for some, especially if they've had issues with the conveyancing, but very rarely anything to be unduly concerned about
Posted Sun, 10 Dec 2023 23:22:29 GMT by Rebecca Armstrong
Hi Adam- just wondering if there has been any update on this please? If not, any idea when it's likely to be reviewed? Many thanks.
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 07:33:35 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Rebecca - no movement as yet so it's unlikely to be processed for a few months at least I suspect
HP871526
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 18:34:12 GMT by Rebecca Armstrong
Hi Adam- has there been any movement or update with this please? Many thanks, Rebecca.
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 08:45:33 GMT by Adam Hookway

Hi Rebecca - processing has started but we need more from the conveyancer. We last contacted them on the 25th Feb

Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 08:48:36 GMT by Rebecca Armstrong

Thanks Adam, can you tell me what else you need please so I can get on to the solicitor because they should have had everything for this years ago, we brought the house in December 2020!!

Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 08:53:52 GMT by Adam Hookway
Rebecca - you'll need to contact them for the specific details I'm afraid. We wouldn't share on a public forum and at least two of the requested items involve a degree of detail best explained by your conveyancer.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in