Skip to main content
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 07:18:11 GMT by Lisa O’Shaughnessy
Hi, I wonder if someone could please give an update on an application for adverse possession. The survey on the property was completed on 27 March. 
Application ref: EEAEE4D
Title: SYK716365

Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2024 09:32:47 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Lisa - the application is currently with one of our lawyers to consider both the information provided and the OS report. They will decide next steps as appropriate and hopefully those will be actioned shortly, in the coming week if average timescales are to be followed re such referrals.
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2024 09:55:38 GMT by Lisa O’Shaughnessy
Hi Adam many thanks for your reply. Can you give some indication as to next steps please, ie will neighbouring properties need to be consulted, as we are dependant on this been concluded asap so we do not lose our property sale. It’s almost 4 weeks since the OS survey was carried out so just wondering why whatever the next action is is taking so long to consider. Could you please find out more details? 
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 05:54:11 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi LIsa - we have a lot of this type of work and the processing of such applications takes time due to the wait time between stages. There's nothing 'more to find out' at this stage until the lawyer has made their decision(s). And hopefully that will be soon. 
The OS report was submitted to us on the 3rd April and the case referred for a lawyer's consideration on the6th so that gives you an indication of how wait times still exist. The owner and their conveyancer have also been chasing progress so the casework team are aware of the urgency 
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 07:07:07 GMT by Lisa O’Shaughnessy
Good morning Adam, many thanks for your reply. Hopefully a decision as to next steps, if any, can be decided on very soon as unfortunately time is not on our side! I will post again later in the week for an update. 
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 19:36:51 GMT by Lisa O’Shaughnessy

Hi Adam, two working days have passed since my last contact and I’m really hoping there has been some progression on this case. Could you please let me have an update? Many thanks. 

Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:34:57 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Lisa - the lawyer has given instructions to contact the lodging conveyancer and I have asked the casework team to complete that next step asap so that should be today. You'll need to contact the conveyancer to confirm the specific details and to clarify their next steps/response as appropriate
SYK716365
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 06:37:06 GMT by Lisa O’Shaughnessy

Thank you Adam

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in