Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:36:04 GMT by Reece Chapman
Good afternoon, 

My flat is currently being sold and it was raised that my title was not registered on HMLR.
The application was expedited as needs to be remedied as a matter of urgency so as not to lose the property we are purchasing.
A requisition has been sent, to which my conveyancer is responding to points 2 and 3 today.
We are told point 1. Prior applications - is not in the hands of our conveyancer. Can you advise whom you are waiting to respond and how long this is likely to take?
If we know who needs to respond we can make a direct request as a matter of urgency.
This is currently causing a great deal of stress.
Title number is ON341388
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 14:50:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Reece - well you've got a few applications ahead of your own still pending against the landlord's title
However the one that is the hold up with be an application to register a restriction, lodged by WINCKWORTH SHERWOOD LLP. We are waiting for a response from then as well and can't register your later application until that's received and resolved
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 16:56:41 GMT by Reece Chapman
Thank you. Is the landlord title holding things up also or just Winckworth? I have chased both them and the housing association. Once they have sent what has been requested how long can we anticipate our application to take?
t
Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 08:17:43 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - we are waiting for your own conveyancer to supply additional information as well. So we need both to respond before we can complete your registration.
Once we get full replies to both then the registration is generally completed within a few days at most depending on resource availability of course
Posted Sat, 09 Dec 2023 12:36:56 GMT by Reece Chapman

Thank you 

I have chased our conveyancer whom advised they would get points 2 and 3 dealt with yesterday.

I have chased Winckworth and the landlord but yet no reply. If they do not response is there a time limit on their application? Or is our application solely dependant on their response?

Posted Sun, 10 Dec 2023 09:25:45 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - they have until 15th Feb to respond but they can ask for more time so it's not a definitive 'times up' date
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 13:18:33 GMT by Reece Chapman
Hello do you have the reference number for Winckworth Sherwood's application? I am trying to contact them to get this resolved. Have you received the information requested from my conveyancers? Thank you 

Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 13:26:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - our case reference is X629JSS. Nothing received
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 09:13:45 GMT by Reece Chapman

Hello

On Thursday 14th both Cavendish legal group and Winckworth Sherwood advised they would upload information to the portal within a few days. Can you confirm if you have received what you need? 

Thanks 

Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:00:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - WS have replied but the earlier application re Number 11 (Direction Home Law) and later one re Number 15 (ONP) remain outstanding and we await full responses.
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:08:01 GMT by Reece Chapman
I don't understand what this means. Are these two other people I now need to chase?
number 11 doesn't have anything to do with us. Who are ONP?
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:42:00 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - the application that will delay things is the oldest one re Number 11 and they're new lease
Your application then comes next - if you, and not your conveyancer, are chasing things then that prior application needs to be resolved by Direction Home Law
As I mentioned previously the timescale for their response can be extended and they've asked for more time and hope to respond in the next 3 weeks)
ONP are another firm of conveyancers but as their application comes later it won't hold your one up
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:49:06 GMT by Reece Chapman
Okay is there a reference number for Direction home law so I know what I'm chasing them for please? 
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:59:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - you have the title number ON341388  and their ABR ref is FC5A62B
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 10:24:00 GMT by Reece Chapman
Hello, by my calculations, with Directions home law asking for a 3 week extension this would take us up to 9th January latest. Have you yet had a response?

​​​​​​Many thanks 
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:24:01 GMT by Nimish Patel
Reece - We have had to carry out some additional checks as a result of the evidence presented to us on ref FC5A62B.  We have written to the party involved and given them until 25 January to respond if they have any concerns.  The application will have to be stood over until then unless the relevant party responds sooner. 
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:45:28 GMT by Reece Chapman
To be clear, does this mean if no concerns are reported before 25th, then after this date it will proceed to our application? 

Thanks 
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:56:24 GMT by Nimish Patel
Reece - 25th is the deadline for the party concerned to respond.  If they do not then we would proceed with the application after midday on the next working day and aim to complete it as soon as possible.  We would then start with your application.  
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:58:00 GMT by Reece Chapman
Okay so this can be made sooner if I can nag them to respond the concerns raised before this date?
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 16:08:56 GMT by Nimish Patel
Reece - yes, if you know who we may have written to.  

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in