Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 23:24:36 GMT by Kristin Irvine
Hi,

I have done my own deed of variation to our lease to allow the use of holiday lets, am I right in thinking I need to complete AP1, I am not using a conveyancer so do I need to supply evidence of identity for both myself and the Director of the management company?

Regards

Kris

Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 06:52:27 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Kristin - form AP1 is the right form if applying to update a registered title, yes.. The application would be made against the leasehold title and superior title out of which the lease has been granted.
Evidence of identity is not required unless the variation is extending the actual term (years granted) or demise (property extent) as both act as a surrender & regrant of the original lease as varied.
As you appear to be varying just some of the actual conditions within the lease it's not a surrender & regrant
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:32:04 GMT by Kristin Irvine
Thank you, and can you kindly advise
  • under title numbers do I enter only the title number of flat or do I put both flat and Management Company title numbers in panel 2
  • fee in panel 4 what do I put as in name of application and appropriate fee?
  • Lastly does the Deed need to be certified or can it simply be uploaded as is and do I need to accompany it with the original lease copy?

Regards 
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 14:59:02 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kristi - you are applying against both titles so would include both title numbers
Fixed fee of £40

It';s a postal application so nothing to upload and the form AP1 should be accompanied by:

• the deed of variation by landlord and tenant;

• the consent of any registered chargee (lender) on either title

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in