Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 00:05:24 GMT by Kieran Thomas
Good evening . 

can you see if this was ever received at the land registry? Title number LAN177006

My partner and I have come to sell a house as freehold after it was bought 2 years ago however my new solicitor has advised it’s still showing as leasehold despite me having all the documentation to show it was purchased, the old solicitors have gone bust and the property is still showing leasehold rather than freehold despite buying it out 2 years ago 

I have the tr1 form filled in and confirmed but the title is still incorrect 

was this received at the registry ?

thank you 
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 08:49:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kieran - we received an application in Nov 2022 but it was cancelled in Aug 2023 as it was incomplete and the conveyancer failed to provide the necessary certificate re the restriction on the title or a deed of substituted security re the Halifax legal charge
As the firm closed have you appointed another firm to complete and resubmit an application to register or are you trying to do it all yourself now?
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 08:57:16 GMT by Kieran Thomas
What would be the quickest way to resolve it ?
if We was to do it Ourselves what process , steps, documentation do I need ? How quickly can I get this done

we have the tr1 form from the previous leaseholder to my partner from August 2021

all the files that was submitted are currently missing with no known where abouts due to the company ceasing trading 
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 09:39:31 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kieran - if files/documents now missing then I would be appointing another conveyancer to act for you - presumably AGL advised you of their closure and optional next steps.
If you decided you wanted to do it yourself then our online guidance explains what's required but you've got additional considerations to resolve re missing paperwork, the restriction and more as mentioned to resolve too

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in