Skip to main content
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:28:42 GMT by Sanjeewa Fonseka

Hi,

At the beginning of this year, in January, I shared my house deed with my wife (transfer of equity), making us joint owners. previously I owned the house since 2016 June.
Our circumstances have changed since then, and we have now sold our house (subject to contract) to a first-time buyer who is not willing to wait.
Our new solicitor, with whom we are getting the service for selling this house, has informed me that our application from January is still in progress.

We are genuinely concerned that this delay might prevent us from selling the house, and we are feeling quite stressed about it. How can I determine how long this process will take, and is there a way to find out the current status and estimated time of arrival (ETA)? Additionally, is there anything I can do to expedite this process?

Below are the details of this application (detail I received from my new solicitor):

HM Land Registry Reference: N196SGT 
Customer Reference: 1051769.002 
Date: 17 Jan 2024

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 06:18:22 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi S - the application was submitted on 17th January and is waiting to be processed as your conveyancer has explained. It's not likely to be processed for several weeks and you conveyancer can check and get an estimated completion date.
If there's a confirmed urgency, such as an onward sale then they/you can request expedition so I'm unsure why they haven't advised on that or done so as yet.
I'll flag with casework colleagues and ask them to expedite it in the circumstances as described
Title WT423831
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 11:19:14 GMT by Sanjeewa Fonseka
Hi Adam,

Thank you for the prompt response. I have contacted my old conveyancer, who has now helped me to officially request an expedition successfully, which is now done. Also, thanks for your involvement. I really appreciate this service. 

Note: At the time of creating this thread, I did not appreciate that this is a public forum. May I kindly request you to remove my first name from your previous reply? Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in