Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2024 08:33:10 GMT by Samantha Todd
Hi, I am trying to buy 5 Ventnor Road PR7 2HR but understand there may be a typo on one of the LR documents which is being expedited, to do with the year of one of the related documents. Please can I check this is in progress/ has been expedited and how long it might take to sort out? Thank you
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:26:17 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Samantha - the amendment has been partially processed but we queried something with the conveyancer on 12th March and they have just responded on 20th March.
It's now with one of our senior officers as they've not actually responded to the point queried so further investigation is taking place. We should know more in the next day or two hopefully
LA966330
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:28:20 GMT by Samantha Todd
Hi thank you that is so helpful!
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:33:40 GMT by Adam Hookway
Samantha - I've messaged the casework team to see how long they think it might be before the referral is dealt with
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:43:49 GMT by Samantha Todd
Thank you! We really need to complete soon.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2024 13:39:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Samantha - sadly not the positive outcome you were after as we have had to go back to the conveyancer again for more. We have given them 4 weeks to respond 
You will need to contact them to confirm and to clarify specifics as appropriate.
The casework team are aware of the urgency so feel free to post again when the conveyancer has confirmed that they have replied in full
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:41:09 GMT by Samantha Todd

Thank you for the update. I spoke to the estate agent who spoke to the conveyancer who said they had spoken to the LR this morning and it was all in hand..

Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 07:06:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Samantha - one of our lawyers contacted the solicitor on 26th March in writing to clarify matters with regards what was needed from them if they wished to pursue the matter re an amended title. They have been given 4 weeks to respond and hopefully they can both confirm the response and clarify next steps for you. 
LA966330 
Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 13:03:27 GMT by Samantha Todd
Hi Adam, thanks again. The solicitor said they spoke to LR on 26th and have been silent ever since about what they are doing or what needs to happen next. Are there any further updates?
Thank you
Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 13:32:01 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Samantha - I have responded to your post in the absence of my colleague.  

We are still awaiting a response from the solicitor to our correspondence. 
Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 13:33:21 GMT by Samantha Todd
Thank you Nimish, I am chasing this with my solicitor
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 21:36:56 GMT by Samantha Todd
Hi, I understand this has moved forward now. Do you have everything you need?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:02:00 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Samantha - the conveyancer responded and that needs to be reviewed by a senior technician to decide if that is everything we need or not. Hopefully things will move on very soon
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:08:15 GMT by Samantha Todd
Thank you, this is a brilliant service!
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 13:08:01 GMT by Samantha Todd

If there is any chance you could post an update when it is signed off, I would really appreciate it. the seller's solicitor was incredibly slow to act (over a month) and I don't have any confidence in them passing it on when it has been resolved. Thank you!

Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 13:35:26 GMT by Samantha Todd
Don't worry, I have heard it is back!
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:08:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
Samantha - we always tend to worry but as you state it has been completed (Noonish today)( and the conveyancer informed

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in