Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 18 Feb 2024 21:16:32 GMT by Alex Buinickis
Hi, I've completed a purchase (additional shares in the shared ownership house) on 14th April 2023.

I have chased my solicitor a couple of times but been told that application is 'awaiting processing ', and that there is a huge backlog so can take a while.

And today I found out that they went out of business some time ago. Had no emails or calls from administrators, so don't know what to do now. 
The title reference is SF573177. Any update would be really appreciated. 

Regards, 
Alex
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 07:33:05 GMT by Adam Hookway
HI Alex - we received an application in April which was completed in August and your conveyancer notified. The updated register is available online so hopefully that update was the one you were expecting/waiting for
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 09:30:21 GMT by Alex Buinickis
Hi Adam

Thank you for your reply. It's a relief to know that it was completed. However, following your link to search online registry brings up only previous purchase from September 2016. I have tried both postcode and title number with the same result. 

Regards, 
Alex
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 10:15:25 GMT by Adam Hookway
Alex - the preliminary view will only refer to the basic info and the actual purchase in 2016. You bought additional shares and that triggers a separate register entry. You'll need to actually view the register to read that.
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 12:03:31 GMT by Alex Buinickis
Thank you for the explanation. I'll order a copy of the register then.

Regards, 
Alex 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in