Skip to main content
Posted Sat, 02 Mar 2024 12:31:32 GMT by K D
Hi,

I purchased my leasehold property at the end of June 2022 and the title ( HP702861) still hasn’t been updated from the previous owners. I know things are taking a long time and that there was a delay due to missing documentation that wasn’t picked up by my solicitor until I chased it’s progress, but I was told once this had been submitted, the transfer just needed to be finalised. However, even this was 7 months ago, based on the date of submission that I was given.

I have recently requested an update from my solicitor but they have basically just said ‘it takes as long as it takes’, which I understand to an extent, but given that it’s already been 20 months and there were already things they missed, I would just like to check everything with the application is in order now and it is just a waiting game?

Many thanks!
Posted Sun, 03 Mar 2024 13:54:33 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi K D - it has been waiting for a very long time but it has recently been processed and we contacted the conveyancer on the 28th Feb as we ned more from them re a specific part of their application with regards cancellation of an existing restriction.
Hopefully they can confirm, reply quickly and enable it to be finally completed
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:27:42 GMT by K D
Thank you very much for your response, it’s reassuring to know it should hopefully be finalised soon. 

Has the response from my solicitor been received yet? And if not, is there a date by which they must reply? 

Thanks again! 
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:23:11 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi K D - although they replied on the 4th it was insufficient and we contacted them again on the 11th March. No further reply as yet. We won't chase or remind them until end of April
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:30:40 GMT by K D

Thats great to know. 

Thank you so much for your replies, it’s very much appreciated. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in