Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 13:31:18 GMT by Liz Widdows
Your ref: CB482879

Good Afternoon
We submitted an application for possessory title in October 2023 and received confirmation of receipt of application dated November 2nd 2023. We have heard nothing since? Would it possible to find out what is happening with our application.; Thank you
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 14:14:41 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Liz - there's a backlog of this type of work so it will still be waiting to be processed. I would not expect processing to start until Feb/Mar 2025 based on current timescales
If an urgency arises such as an onward sale then you should request expedition to reduce that remaining wait time
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 14:58:23 GMT by Liz Widdows
Thank you for your prompt reply which is much appreciated. 

I am though slightly confused. 
Earlier I read your post 
How long is this type of application likely to take? · HM Land Registry

In this post it is suggested that an Adverse Possession application is likely to take 10 - 12 weeks if straightforward. It was this post that prompted me to make my enquiry today about our application for Adverse possession as it has already been 6 months. 

Have I misread the the linked post ?  I hope you can help with further clarification as we have already had a sale fall through, prior to our application and do not want to risk this and the costs involved again. 

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 15:03:36 GMT by Adam Hookway
Liz - that post seeks to explain how long the actual processing is likely to take and doesn't include the initial wait time. Apologies and I'll tidy the post up to make that clearer for readers.
The specific application you refer to is a first registration, so a claim re unregistered land. The average wait time would be 14+ months and then  once processing starts the longer processing period due to the stages needed to be completed.
If there was a linked/dependent transaction such as an onward sale/purchase then a request to expedite should have been made once that had been confirmed

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 15:24:44 GMT by Liz Widdows
Adam 

Thanks again for the speedy response and for clarifying things.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in