Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 19:29:59 GMT by Keith Chan
Hi Team,

We engaged a solicitors for the purchase of a property that completed in Jul 2022 (16 months from now).  Property Title Number NGL862548 and it's not a new built.  We don't have an application number though. 

We are so worried - 16 months queuing time doesn't look right to us.  Would you please kindly check the status of the application?  Are our legal ownership rights still secured? 

Thank you.

K F
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 07:45:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Keith - there's no pending application against that title at present but your purchase is protected. Looks like the conveyancer has tried 3 times to register the purchase since you completed but none have been successful.
The reason for that appears to be reliance on a third party to provide the required certificate of compliance with regards a restriction on the seller's title.
In my experience I would not be so worried at this stage but worth asking your conveyancer to confirm and to allay your fears re what they are doing to resolve matters 
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 15:03:55 GMT by Keith Chan
Thanks Adam for your prompt response.  

Is it difficult to obtain such certificate? Can we get it by ourselves?

Thank you.

K F

Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 15:08:17 GMT by Adam Hookway
Keith - that all depends on how responsive the party is re providing the certificate. Timescales and requirements can vary enormously and I'd check with your conveyancer first before trying to request it yourselves. There may be reasons why there's such a delay 
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 15:22:32 GMT by Keith Chan
Thanks Adam.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 10:50:57 GMT by Keith Chan

Hi Team,

I took Adam's advise and checked with our solicitors - they said they had make another application (but again we were not given the application number).   Would you please kindly advise the status of the application? 

Thank you.

KF

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 11:14:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi KF - the pending application is currently with one of our lawyers to review the now provided certificate we referenced previously. It's all a Q of whether what's been supplied is acceptable or not for registration purposes
Hopefully we will know shortly whether it is or not as if it is then the register should be updated. If it's not we will need to go back to the conveyancer 
Make a note to post again at end of this week/start of next and we can check for an update
NGL862548 
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:16:18 GMT by Keith Chan
Hi Team, 

Would you please advise what's the status of our registration?  Thank you.

KF
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 06:49:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi KF - it's still waiting for one of our lawyers to consider it. Hopefully that will be soon
NGL862548 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in