Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 22:57:27 GMT by Jenny Bradshaw
I’d like to enquire about progress with a query submitted by the conveyancer for the property I’m buying. The query relates to boundaries and I’m told it has been expedited. Not sure exactly when it was submitted but I was told it was at least a couple of weeks ago. Title ref is CB146409. The sale has dragged on for a long time and this should be the last thing to be sorted out. I’ve been in temporary accommodation for a couple of months now after completing on my house sale, so I’m keen to get an idea of how much longer it will be.
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 08:09:37 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jenny - there was an enquiry by phone at start of Feb and a reply issued by email on 8th. But no application.
Enquiries aren't expedited as that's the hastening of an actual application. 
But as things stand with us there's nothing outstanding with HMLR
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 09:54:16 GMT by Jenny Bradshaw

Thanks for the quick reply. Both my solicitor and the agent have been informed that an application has been made, so I have asked them to follow up with the vendor’s solicitor.

Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 20:17:54 GMT by Jenny Bradshaw

Hi, I have a bit more information on this query. My solicitor requires an updated title plan, and the response from the vendor’s solicitor some time ago was that they had ‘written to the LR confirming the boundaries and asking for a vectorised plan on the basis of our conversation with them’. From what you say, it sounds like this request for a revised plan wasn’t received by LR?

Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2024 15:00:55 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Jenny - we did receive a request on 5th Jan but we replied to that to advise them that we don't vectorise plans in the circs they described. The enquiry was from RWK.
It does read as if there's been a break down in comms or they/we are at cross -purposes 
I'll see if I can ask colleagues to take a second look at the enquiry in an effort to provide clarity 
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 16:07:49 GMT by Jenny Bradshaw
Thanks Adam. Have you been able to check with colleagues yet?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 08:59:33 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Jenny - no check on my part but simple flag to take a second look and respond as appropriate. They did that and reiterated that we were not going to update the title plan. So no revised plan as no registration issue.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in