Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:53:17 GMT by Astrid Reedman
We have been waiting over 5 months for our vendors to sort out discrepancies with three titles and are not sure whether to drop out of the sale because it seems impossible to get information from our vendors' solicitor on the outstanding two titles.
The case has been expedited and a survey requested for one title but no news on the other.  My solicitor has found out the following and says that the Land Registry are normally good at keeping conveyancers informed so we are desperate to understand what is going on.

2.            New title number IW94455. Application submitted 17/11/2023
3.            New title number IW94440. Application submitted 14/11/2023, expedition approved. Requisition issued 17/11/2023. Warning of Cancellation issued on 16/1/2024. Site Survey requested on 17/1/2024

When should a survey be actioned and will both titles be handled as urgent? With no clear time parameters its difficult to understand whether we should continue waiting for the vendors to finally be in a position to sell to us.

Any help you can give me would be gratefully received.
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:22:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - expedition flags an application as urgent and reduces the wait time before processing has started. As both are expedited and linked processing has already started hence the stages you refer to have been reached and matters are ongoing. 
Sadly expedition does not act like a magic switch as all the registration requirements have to be met.
Processing began back in November but we needed more from the conveyancer. That more has been provided over time and a site visit is being arranged. That should happen sometime between now and the end if next week and it is carried out by Ordnance Survey.
Once they have reported back the applications will be reviewed alongside their report. Wider checks may then be required as appropriate but until the report has been reviewed we cannot be definitive.
So things are progressing albeit not as quickly as you would like. If wider checks are required then that will extend the remaining wait time and your conveyancer should be aware of the process involved 
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:29:30 GMT by Astrid Reedman
Adam thank you so much for replying so promptly. I completely understand that the process needs to be completed.  It is great news if the survey should happen in the next two weeks. May I come back to you if we haven't made progress by the end of the month?

Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:59:25 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - please do. Where there's a 'claim of ownership' involved there are always key stages to be passed in sequence.
Once the survey report is in that and what we already have need to be reviewed by a senior technician and then the final stage, hopefully, is reached. That usually (not always though) means wider checks including contacting adjoining or affected landowners. They are then given time to consent/object.
So post again at end of the month and let's see what stage we are at then
Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 08:55:51 GMT by Astrid Reedman
That's absolutely brilliant Adam.  This forum is invaluable, your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 13:23:23 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Hi Adam

Picking up on our previous conversation, I wonder if you have any further news? I don't know if it was coincidence or your enquiries provoked action, but a surveyor visited the property less than 48hours later! Since then nothing that I am aware of. Again, any clarity as to where we are in the process would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 13:41:32 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Astrid - I wish I had such powers of persuasion but the survey visit was all part of the process and planned. 
The survey report is now in and that and the application is now with a senior officer to consider and decide on next steps. Hopefully, due to it's expedite status, that will be soon so post again early next week and we can check for a further update then. 
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 13:53:43 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Thank you Adam - I shall do that. Many thanks for replying promptly and with as much information as you have available, it makes a big difference.

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 13:17:23 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Hello Adam

Just wondering if the senior officer has reviewed the issues and come to a conclusion?

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 13:38:42 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Astrid - sadly nothing as yet but will see if i can get a better steer for you from the casework team
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 13:48:43 GMT by Astrid Reedman

That would be hugely appreciated Adam.  

Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:24:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - I have not forgotten you and am waiting on a more concrete update from the casework team re this 'complex' set of applications. I will post as soon as I have something worthy of sharing. 
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:31:47 GMT by Astrid Reedman

That is why I haven't bothered you Adam because I was sure that you wouldn't have forgotten! Thank you very much for keeping abreast of this.  

Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 11:57:35 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Astrid - thank you for your patience and I am sorry it has taken this long for me to share something more concrete with you.
The applications are complex as we have already established and you are also aware from your original post.
The consideration of the paperwork and plans submitted has been lengthy due to that complexity and more than one caseworker/technician involved as a result.
Next steps have now been approved and we will be contacting both the registered owners and applicant(s) as appropriate very soon to explain what the current situation is and inviting them to consent/comment or object to our proposals for next steps.
The notifications allow a period of 65 days within which to respond. They can do so sooner or may ask for more time as appropriate. 
Looking at the complexities involved it is possible that responses will not be swift whilst each party considers the information provided and next steps being proposed. Ideally everyone agrees and things can move on quickly but that is not always the outcome 
As such I cannot be definitive re timescales other than referencing the 65 day period I mention. I would not focus on that number too much as it's really about the swiftness of any responses from your seller and your communication with them/the conveyancer.
I appreciate that the response is not the one you will have hoped for and trust that your own conveyancer/the seller can assist you to consider what happens next. 
NOTE - the notifications need to be prepared and issued by the casework team and that should be today/tomorrow. Please bear that in mind with regards any contact you may instigate with the conveyancers involved or seller as they will be unaware of the details at this time
They will of course have the actual specifics included re what's needed in order to resolve matters
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 12:15:06 GMT by Astrid Reedman
Thank you Adam for being so clear.  We will wait before speaking to the vendors and asking for detail so that they may receive instruction of the next steps. I hope I may keep in contact with you if needed further down the line? Your help has been invaluable.
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 12:55:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - thanks again for your understanding. The ball is going to be very much firmly in the seller/applicant's court for a while I suspect.
By all means check in to see if we've received any responses although the very key thing to consider here is that it will be replies from all that count before much more happens at our end.
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 13:41:33 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Understood Adam. Hopefully the vendors will be proactive.

Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:52:28 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Hi Adam

I understand the registered owner may have contacted you and wondered if you have progress on the next steps that have to be completed in order for this sale to progress? The applicants solicitor has chosen not to share the LR letter so we are unaware of what alternatives the LR have suggested but we are becoming increasingly concerned with the delays. The vendors have shared the survey report so we can see the issue and the Surveyor's comments.  However the vendors seem to believe that if their neighbour is happy then the situation is resolved. Any information, as always, gratefully received.

Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 14:57:19 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Astrid - the conveyancer dealing with IW94440 has responded today with some further comments and Qs. So that needs to be reviewed and responded to by the casework team here.
There has been previous contact from the owner/seller as ell so that is also in the mix, which may add to the complexities involved. So things are moving but until it;s all been reconsidered it's unclear as to what still needs to happen 
I would suggest posting again later in the week to see what progress might have been made although I suspect it maybe limited if the complexities mean wider consideration is needed by one of our senior technicians/lawyers
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:02:11 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Understood Adam.  To be frank I'm heartened that you have received something and that there is at least some movement. I will come back to you at the end of the week.  Again, thanks to you and all those involved in trying to sort this out.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in