Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:44:08 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - that is the way to read it as whilst perhaps more Qs are being asked it's moving and not standing still, which would be much more stressful
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:10:02 GMT by Astrid Reedman
Hi Adam

I'm hoping in the last three days there has been progress between the LR team and the vendor's conveyancer? Would you mind checking this afternoon for me and letting me know?  At the moment I am not sure whether the issue is resolved and it is just a matter of time to process the resolution or whether there is still disagreement between the vendors and the LR.  Appreciate your position but would welcome any information that allows me to understand a possible timeline.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 11:52:13 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Astrid - the conveyancer (Jerome & Co) submitted a reply on 25th with additional information and that's now back with the senior technician to consider/review and decide next steps
We, you and I, won;t know if that has resolved the issue or not until that consideration has taken place.
I'll make a note to check on progress and will post again once I have something concrete to share. 
IW94440
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 12:00:50 GMT by Astrid Reedman
That's very kind of you Adam
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 06:38:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Astrid - just to update you that these applications continue to rumble on due to their complexity. The casework team have been in touch/contacted the involved parties inc conveyancers/owners and there is still some way to go if they are going to resolve the boundary/mapping issues they are trying to resolve.
The ball is very firmly in their combined court and I would strongly recommend that you ask your conveyancer to not only get an update from your seller's conveyancer but also to discuss timelines and more once an update has been obtained.
As things currently stand from a purely HMLR perspective a conclusion appears to still be some way off but much now depends on responses received from those involved. 
I'm sorry that I can't be more specific re details but it is for the legal representatives of the sellers and more, inc your own, to understand what's happening, why and where a solution may be found. That then impacts on timescales and that can often be the key re your own decisions, as mentioned in your previous posts
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 07:22:06 GMT by Astrid Reedman

I shall do Adam and thank you for letting me know.  One of the main reasons I found the forum was because my conveyancer was not having her requests for clarity and information answered. To date, the vendors conveyancer has not communicated any of this to our solicitor, instead we have tried to find out as much as we can from the estate agent and the vendor themselves. Since Jeromes lodged the caution for the neighbour in 2003 and now also acts for the vendor, all roads lead to them. The whole situation is beyond frustrating.

Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 09:09:08 GMT by Astrid Reedman
Adam I presume that the last few comments all containing 555 were a mistake since the files don't contain any content?
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 10:24:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - they are a system issue so please ignore
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 09:49:11 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Adam I apologise for being in contact again but the vendors are unaware of any communication between the LR and their conveyancer.  They haven't seen any correspondence from the LR bar the survey results (without any cover letter) so are unaware of what their options are nor what they should do to resolve the issues.  The vendors say they have spoken to the neighbour who seems equally mystified and doesn't wish to contest anything.  

The vendors say, and my solicitor most definitely says, they have had no contact with Jeromes to clarify the latest position despite repeated requests for information.  I appreciate that this isn't the LR's responsibility and that you are constrained by legal boundary.

Everyone recognises that all paths lead to the vendor's conveyancer but in the absence of any knowledge, are you able to at least let me know when there was last interaction with Jeromes and confirm that they have written correspondence from the LR detailing the options available to resolve this issue?  Have the LR also written to the neighbour detailing what next steps must be taken?  It is impossible to make any sort of plan if the facts aren't available.

The last we heard was that the conveyancer was going to argue that the mapping wasn't accurate. Your previous post would suggest that has been dismissed so we are keen to confirm that the LR has made a decision, the options from that decision are with the conveyancer and this is just a matter of our vendors and their neighbour deciding which option to pursue.

Again, all information gratefully received!

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:28:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - no apology necessary as I can appreciate how stressful and difficult this must all be. You are of course correct that there is a limit to what we can and should discuss in an open public forum. Such discussions and dialogue is really the responsibility of Jeromes both as the legal representative of the seller and the ones who have submitted the application to us. 
Having said that we do recognise that sometimes communication can be difficult and as such will do what we can to explain the process and what is happening. But I must again reiterate that this is very much Jeromes responsibility and not our own 
The last communication issued by us to Jeromes was on 2nd April. Part of that communication indicated that we had also received information from the neighbour, Mr Cater, which appear to match your own understanding re an agreement now existing.
Part of our communication with Jeromes stated as much and asked them, again as the applicant and legal rep, to confirm if they therefore no longer wished to proceed with the current applications. They have yet to respond and I would imagine that they would be seeking to confirm next steps etc with their client as appropriate.
I hope in some small way that helps even if only to reaffirm that the ball is now very firmly in Jeromes court so to speak and it is for them to communicate with their client and others as appropriate before responding to our communications
IW94440 & IW94455
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:53:24 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Have I understood correctly Adam?  is the LR position that should Jeromes withdraw the applications that related to a much smaller pocket of land (within the surveyed land), the situation could be resolved since the neighbour has confirmed he does not contest the current boundary?

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 11:04:57 GMT by Adam Hookway
Astrid - if the applications are withdrawn then the issue presumably is resolved. But again it would be for your legal representative to confirm based on what the current registered position is and what the seller's/their conveyancer confirm.
I guess what happens next begins with whether you/your conveyancer raised the discrepancies you referred to in your original post or not. If you didn't and the applications are withdrawn presumably the discrepancies no longer exist or some other agreement has been reached.
If they are not withdrawn then presumably Jeromes/their client have not reached the agreement as suggested and the matter still needs to be resolved in some way. And that has already been explained in our communications with Jeromes as to what would be required. 
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 11:30:55 GMT by Astrid Reedman
Thank you Adam for your help - I'll take it from here and see if we can make progress.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:12:28 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Hi Adam

Our vendors have instructed a new conveyancer who has been extremely collaborative and proactive to date.  Would you be able to confirm that the Land Registry has forwarded on all correspondence to her and she is now aware of the LR's position?  It would be good to know that she is in receipt of all the facts to date so that this can move forward.  Many thanks.

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:54:38 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Astrid - I can see that a new conveyancer has been appointed and they contacted us for copies of what's happened to date. I'll contact the casework team to check and confirm once a reply has been issued as it will have needed to go through the senior technician's hands again to approve etc
IW94440
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:00:54 GMT by Astrid Reedman
Thank you Adam, as you can imagine, I'm really keen to see progress so anything that can be done to liaise with the vendors conveyancer would be hugely appreciated.  I look forward to hearing from you when you have some news.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 10:25:54 GMT by Adam Hookway

Astrid - the new conveyancer has been responded to and we will be re-issuing our notification to the seller/transferor asking them to respond as appropriate 

Hopefully the new conveyancer will be able to clarify/confirm matters for you and timescales from their end

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 10:32:32 GMT by Astrid Reedman

Thank you Adam.  Hopefully we will be able to make progress next week.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in