Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 11:44:05 GMT by Claire Oswald
Hi, I completed a sale and purchase on 24th November 2023.

The solicitor I used closed down soon after and I am trying to find out whether the title on the purchased property was updated correctly.  The sale property has been changed so that appears to be ok.

The title reference is SF366170.  I'm not too bothered if it's just a timing thing as I know things are still backlogged.  But I could really do with knowing that it is in process.

Thanks

Claire
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:23:13 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Claire -we've not received an application to update the register as yet I'm afraid. If the firm closed down then you should follow any guidance provided by them as to what happens next. Presumably they provided some sort of 'closure' message
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:33:10 GMT by Claire Oswald
Well, the email we received stated that a company called Hutchins and Co were taking on their cases, but having spoken to them, that doesn't seem to be the case.

The SRA said initially that it was nothing to do with them, but I note that today a closure notice has been published for the "protection of the public".

I imagine they haven't paid over the SDLT we paid them either.  This isn't going well.

Thanks for your reply.

Claire
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:36:22 GMT by Adam Hookway
Claire - I would pursue it with the SRA then for assistance. If they can't or won;t then I would recommend speaking to another firm to enlist their professional help
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:03:54 GMT by Claire Oswald

Either way I imagine it's going to cost.  This is a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks for your help though.

Claire

Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:28:22 GMT by Adam Hookway
Claire - possibly. It really all depends on the terms of the closure and how the SRA/appointed firm deal with such matters. Hopefully they can confirm 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in