Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:52:03 GMT by Holly Fort
Good Afternoon,

We are first time buyers and had our offer accepted back in October 2023. We then discovered the property was unregistered and the seller could not locate the title deeds. After a long 5 months of waiting, the reconstitution of the title deeds and the property registration have been submitted. Please could you shed some light as to how long it will take for the registration to be finalised? So that we can progress with the sale. We are at our wits end and are in 2 minds whether to pull out. The address is 49 Gincroft Lane, Edenfield, BL00JW

Hope you can help,

Kind Regards,
Holly  
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:19:50 GMT by Nimish Patel
Good afternoon Holly - The application has been expedited and is being processed but there were some queries that need to be resolved and checks that we have to complete.  The application has currently been referred to a senior officer for consideration of the outcome of the checks we carried out.  If all is satisfactory then we should be able to complete the registration shortly.  If it is not, then it will depend on what further actions we may need to carry out. 

I am aware my response does not give you a clear idea but until we know the outcome of the current deliberations there's little that I can tell you.  Perhaps we will have better idea next week. 
LAN283927
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:41:30 GMT by Holly Fort

Thank you for the update and getting back to me so promptly. I will be back in touch next week.

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:48:46 GMT by Holly Fort
Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if there was any update at all on our application? Thanks Holly 
 LAN283927

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:06:54 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Holly - completed yesterday and the registered information is now available online as and when needed
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:45:55 GMT by Holly Fort
Hi Adam - Thank you for getting back to me, that’s great news! Can I ask what it means when the property is registered in both freehold and leasehold? We were under the impression the property was freehold. Is this a problem?
Thanks
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:19:20 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Holly - freehold and leasehold are two different types of tenure so you need to be certain as to which one you are buying here and it can sometimes be both. 
The most common scenario where both are registered is that you have a freehold which covers the land & building(s) and which is in essence owned by a 'landlord'. Out of that freehold a lease can be granted to then create a leasehold tenure. The lease is granted for a number of years.
Your conveyancer is best placed to explain the type of tenure and what it means re your purchase/ownership and whether it would pose a problem now or for example in the future re both a sale/remortgage etc

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in