Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:03:58 GMT by Jessica Cinnamond
Hello I applied for a transfer of ownership way back in June 2023 from a joint claim to my sole name, the application was not sent to land registry until October 2023. As of yet I am still waiting to hear back that the land registry has been updated. I have checked online and it is still in both names. I was wondering if you could tell me how long this will take now, as I have been advised it usually takes up to 12 weeks. 
It is a not a new build and was a straight forward title update?
If someone could look into this and give me an update that would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:32:33 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Jessica - there's no definitive timescale as those will vary from case to case. Do you have the title number please and I can check and see when it was received and if processing has started
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:52:33 GMT by Jessica Cinnamond
Yes apologies i thought i included this,
MS453295 that is the number my solicitor provided me with.
Thank you
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:12:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jessica - many thanks and no apology needed.
Submitted 15th Nov and currently waiting to be processed. Timescales vary as mentioned and whilst 12 months can be an average you should expect at least 4-5 months wait as a possibility.
The Transfer and ownership are protected from 15th Nov so how long it then waits before it is processed isn't usually an issue 
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:16:12 GMT by Jessica Cinnamond
Okay thank you for your help, I thought the solicitor had processed the application earlier than that so I will just wait now. 
Appreciate your quick reply
Jess

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in