Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 03 Mar 2024 20:06:20 GMT by Kathryn Rowland
Hello.

Can I have some advice please?

I am buying a house which has filed for a transfer of part. (They are transferring a very small section of the garden to the neighbouring house). The sellers solicitor has informed us that it was requested to be expedited around 2 weeks ago.

This is the only piece of information left outstanding for the sale of the property, and it is has been holding up the whole buying chain for some time. Our mortgage in principal will be running out soon and we are concerned that this one action will cause the collapse of our buying chain.

I emailed last week requesting an update and to stress the urgency of the request but haven't received a response.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

Application Reference: JGD54BE Title Number: CYM873662 / CYM865494 / WA201963

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 08:08:55 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello - the application you refer to is intertwined with a few others re the same property/land as they appear to be registering the remaining land/property at the same time. 
We have been in correspondence with Star Legal and our last contact was on 1st March as we need more information from them and they have yet to provide that. 
The only thing you can do is to chase the conveyancer to deal with the requests as soon as possible
CYM873662 and CYM865501
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 10:21:51 GMT by Kathryn Rowland
Hello.

Thank you so much for your response. 

We have been chasing the conveyancer and wanted to check that they have responded to your request for further information.

Many thanks :) 
​​
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 10:27:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Kathryn - they responded on 4th but it was only a partial response. We contacted them again on the 6th to advise and await a full response still 
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 10:38:59 GMT by Kathryn Rowland
Thank you for the update again. I really appreciate how quickly you respond :) 
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 11:06:03 GMT by Kathryn Rowland

Hello.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

As it's been a week since you sent a request for more info, I'm just checking that you have received a response from the solicitors. 

Thanks

Kate

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 11:12:00 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Kathryn - they responded and that was added to the case yesterday. It's now back with the casework team for a review
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:58:26 GMT by Kathryn Rowland
Hello.

Do you have any idea how long the process will take? I think it was requested to be expedited.

Thanks
Kate
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:18:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Kate - it will be reconsidered asap. Expedition ensures that but doesn't provide a definitive timescale I'm afraid. Hopefully it will be reviewed in the coming days and also hopefully all now in order
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:04:30 GMT by Kathryn Rowland
Hello, 

Want to follow up from your last message, has there been any progress with the case worker team? It states on your website that applications that have been agreed to be expedited can be up to 10 working days - are we currently in this period of time?

If your unable to get any details is there anyone else we can contact as this process is now severely affecting a house move chain. 

Kind regards

Kate
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 08:17:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello again Kathryn - the applications have been completed and the register for CYM873662 updated. Hopefully your chain can now move on

Re expedition the process enables the initial wait time to be reduced markedly and generally to within 10 days, hence the online information.
But that's 10 days on the basis that the application is all in order so when it's processed it can be completed. Unfortunately in too many cases applications are not in order and require more or as in this case there are prior pending applications that affect and delay progress so whilst the initial 10 days is met thereafter timescales can't be definitive. There's no multiple 10 day deadlines for example on a single case.
I mention this in part for the benefit of others who may view your thread later to help understand how the expedite/10 day aspect works and is not for example the quick fix some may expect. It can be if all is ok and straightforward but not always
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 09:17:28 GMT by Kathryn Rowland
That is excellent news! Thank you so much. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in