Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:27:47 GMT by Michael Ciesco
I owned a single detached property which was demolished and replaced by three new terraced properties on the same piece of land. I now need to split the Title three ways between the new builds and register with the Land Registry.
Please explain how this is done, and what fees are involved.
There is no mortgage but i'm looking to raise finance on the properties, so for this purpose, how long could this procedure take?
Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2024 09:39:16 GMT by Adam Hookway
Michael - we cover that Q a few times on the forum and this thread explains what's required from you if you are applying to split a registered title in the way you state
Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:31:09 GMT by Michael Ciesco
Hi Adam,
I'm sorry but i am receiving conflicting answers on how to approach this.
Q1. What form do I need?
Q2. How many forms do i need? i.e is it an application for each split?
Q3. What are the fees for splitting? each new house value £400k.

Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:23:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Michael - form AP1, one application form AP1, £40 fee. The value of each new house isn't relevant if simply asking us to split the title.
I suspect, but no idea who else you are asking, conflicting answers come from either different Qs or the terminology uses mixes matters.
For example if someone is trying to explain how you can transfer part of the title and thus split it that way then the Qs you have now asked can come into play.
But you aren't asking how to do that here. You are asking how to split a title in two to then enable you to for example sell/transfer the whole of one of the split parts. 
I tend to find if you ask lots of people Qs you will always get diffeent anbswers 

Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:31:45 GMT by Michael Ciesco
i just spoke to someone at the land registry.
OK, so I need ONE AP1 form to split a single Title into 3 new Titles.
Total Fee is £40.
I complete one AP1 form.
There is no lender involved.
Three new Titles will all remain in my name. I am not selling.
I would like it expedited as i urgently require to re finance the three new properties.
I do need assistance in filling in the AP1 form, rather than do it wrong, then waste time back and forth.
Could i have a contact number.
Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 15:04:03 GMT by Adam Hookway

Michael - understood although this forum is also HMLR

One form AP1 plus a suitable plan to show how the title is to be split three ways - the plan is crucial alongside a suitable explanation as to why the split needs to happen now

Once submitted you can then request expedition as appropriate

Form AP1 needs to be completed re panels 1-7 inc and 15 only

If you want to speak to someone then ring the support line but it reads as if you now have all the info you need 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in