Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 14:51:55 GMT by Donald Thompson
I have all the documentation ready for an application to split the title of our land however while our verifier is happy to sign the ID3 form for my wife and joint owner, who holds a UK/Channel Islands passport, they are unable to complete  box 2:3 on my behalf as the box  states that the verifier is providing verification of UK, IOM or Channel Islands passport, whereas my passport was issued by Australia. My verifier has acted as our chartered accountant and has known both my wife and I for around 3 decades. What advice can you provide for this scenario please
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:35:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Donald - first Q is if you are simply splitting the title do you actually need to have your identity verified? Splitting a title, so you are applying to sub-divide a title into say two parts but the ownership is not changing, would not require identity verification
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:37:39 GMT by Adam Hookway
Donald - and if the split actually involves for example a transfer of ownership so the registered owner is changing then form ID3 can only be used within the parameters set out in PG 67 and on the form ID3 itself.
If you don't have a UK passport then form ID3 can't be used

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in