Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:38:58 GMT by Dan Jones
Hello,

Is it possible to have an update on an application for the following property please? April Cottage, Mill Green, Stonham Aspal, Suffolk, IP14 6DA. We are awaiting registration of this property urgently as we are concerned our buyer may withdraw. Any update on timescales would be greatly appreciated and would hopefully alleviate the risk of losing our buyer.

Many thanks,
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 14:02:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Dan - it's been partially processed but we need more from the lodging conveyancer. We contacted them on the 6th April and await their response.
I'd recommend contacting them to confirm and to clarify what's been requested and when they expect to respond in full
SK429158
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 14:10:15 GMT by Dan Jones
Hello Adam,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. That is concerning, I'll reach out to them today to find out why they have no responded yet. I don't suppose you would have any idea on timescales once you receive a response?

Many thanks,
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:21:11 GMT by Dan Jones
Hello Adam,

Further to your suggestion, we were able to contact the lodging conveyancer who advised that responses were sent on the 9th April, and that the Land Registry have confirmed receipt of said responses. However the allocated caseworker is behind with work and hasn't been able to deal with the requests as of yet. Would it please be possible to find out when it is expected they will be dealt with? I was under the understanding that you aim to process the application within 10 working days, although clearly that won't be the case here, it would be helpful to understand what time-frames we will be actually looking at.

Many thanks,
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 06:08:08 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Dan - they did reply on the 9th but there's still one thing awaited it seems, namely confirmation re the fee to be taken. Might be worth flagging that with them re their response on 9th stating they would confirm as soon as they could re the registration fee. But I'll also flag with the casework team
Expedition gets a case to the processing start line asap and that's generally within the 10 days you mention. Thereafter it has to be in order and each stage is completed asap also but the 10 days isn't a magic wand re the final stages/processing especially if we need more from the conveyancer or others.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:38:42 GMT by Dan Jones
Hello Adam,

Thanks very much for your reply & help. We have passed that information to the conveyancer out so hopefully all details have been provided now, or are at the very least in the process of being provided.

Thanks,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in