Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:37:34 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Hello,

We are due to exchange contracts on our new home but are being held up with the cancellation of Unilateral Notice.

HM Land Registry Reference T902LJT.

This was raised on 26/03/2024 and have heard nothing back through our solicitors.

I have seen online this may take up to 15 working days, but we are still in the dark as to when it will be done since the time has elapsed?

We gave our notice to our landlord and could be without a home if we are not completed within the next week or two.

Can you please help???

Thanks

Charlie

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:03:07 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Charlie - I'll flag the application with colleagues to hasten it. Expediting it should generally mean that it's considered asap and everything then hinges on it being in order
I think the 15 days you are referring to relates to wider checks/notices we might serve when processing such an application. Whether such checks are required depends on the nature of the application and the details provided. 
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:14:38 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Thanks for the reply and flagging the application!

We are signing our contract this Friday with anticipated completion date the following Friday.

If there is anything I can do my end to help the situation please do let me know.

If you have any further updates, a message back on here would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Charlie
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:36:56 GMT by Adam Hookway
Charlie - there's nothing you can do as very much a matter between us and the applicant re the cancellation request.
I'd suggest making a note to post again Monday and we can check and update on what's happened as appropriate
I'll check again Friday anyway just in case there's an update
AA68827
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:51:19 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Charlie - notices have been served on the beneficiary, Swan HA, so they have until 10th May to respond. We can't move matters forward until either they respond or the time runs out. 
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:11:08 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Thanks Adam,

We are awaiting feedback from Swan HA as to what the next steps are.

Can you confirm by saying "notices have been served on the beneficiary, Swan HA, so they have until 10th May to respond." you are stating that this sits with Swan HA and the final step is for them to respond, and this will all be sorted?

Our solicitor is adamant this needs to be sorted before exchanging contracts, so we are hoping Swan sort this ASAP.

We have been advised by our solicitor that we can't exchange contracts under any circumstances without this being sorted. Would you agree this is the case?

Sorry for all the questions, we are just trying to figure this process out in our minds and want to ensure this is dealt with efficiently and accurately.

Thanks

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:21:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Charlie - that is correct re the matter is now with Swan HA as stated.
We are not involved in the pre-exchange process so very much a decision for your conveyancer. And if you are buying with a mortgage your lender is very likely to say No until it's resolved also
No apology needed as it can be tricky but please do rely on your conveyancer, as your legal rep, to manage the process and explain each stage as appropriate. They are in the box seat re what's needed etc and best placed to explain timescales and next steps in your own buying process
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:25:38 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Thanks Adam,

Your actions, response time and advice have been a great help to our situation!

Appreciate your help!

Cheers
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:24:22 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Sorry Adam,

We have just had a call from the Sales Agent from Swan stating they are unsure of what response is required from them to get this all finalised.

Is there any correspondence that can be sent to them as a reminder, or I can point them in the direction too?

I have sent a snapshot of this conversation for context, I believe we can get this sorted if we are all on the same page.

Thanks again!
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:33:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Charlie - no apology needed.
Notices are served as per the register entry so they should look at the register for AA68827 - Pilgrim House, High Street, Billericay CM12 9XY
There's no 'reminder' corres issued to them. If they have not received the notice or they have failed to keep the register updated re their contact details then they can get in touch as appropriate. Doing so is likely to trigger a re-issue and the timescale reset accordingly
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:45:26 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Great Adam thanks! 

Hopefully will get updated within the next day or two.

Many thanks,
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:59:50 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Morning Adam,

Has there been any further update on your end? All gone quiet our side, chasing their solicitor too. Hoping they sort it this week.

Cheers
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:21:21 GMT by Adam Hookway
Afternoon Charlie - the UN was removed late yesterday and the register updated. So hopefully things can move forward now for you
AA68827
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:28:55 GMT by Charlie Salmon
Great!!!!

Our solicitor is chasing now, thanks again! Been a great help to us!

Cheers

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in