Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:33:35 GMT by Emily Zhao
My property purchase was completed in August 2022. The title update application is still pending. My solicitor told me he applied for expedition a few weeks ago. After that my solicitor has not received any response. Please can you help me check what is going on with my application and is there any problem? Many thanks!

Title Number: CH681986
HM Land Registry Reference Z152FBT

Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:44:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Emily - application received in July last year and waiting to be processed. It's not been expedited and I can't see any record of a request from the solicitor referencing the details you have shared.
What was the reason for the expedite request?
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:56:20 GMT by Emily Zhao

Hi Adam, many thanks for your reply. My solicitor told me it has been 18 months and it is really unusual and he can apply for expedition. The property I purchased has two title numbers for both leasehold and freehold. CH681986 is for freehold. CH654366 for leasehold. Please can you check is there an application for CH654366? 

Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:13:15 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Emily - it's a single application affecting the two titles and lodged in July last year. We wouldn't expedite it simply due to the lengthy wait so if the solicitor did ask us to we would refuse. 
Your purchase and ownership are protected from the date of submission
I note that there was a previous application to register submitted in Sept 2022 but cancelled in May 2023 as the conveyancer wasn't able to provide all the required information bit it looks like they have on the new application
Hopefully it will be processed in the not too distant future but there's nothing to be worried about 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in