Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 10:17:24 GMT by Stella Bird
Hi,

I'm purchasing a property. The vendors solicitor state they have requested that the first registration to  be expedited. But have forwarded a land registry letter stating the completion of this process is end of February ,2024. The application number is YB2D96E and was received by Land Registry 9th October. Can it be checked as to whether it has been expedited. Thanks 
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:20:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Stella - that reference is incorrect. Can you check it please or let me know the property address instead?
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:24:31 GMT by Stella Bird
Hi, 

Yes, sorry its VB2D96E. ( V not Y at the start). 

Thanks
Stella
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:38:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Stella - good to know I'm not the only rubish tipist out there.
Expedited on 22nd Nov and partially processed. Stage 2 is underway in that arrangements are being made for a site visit/survey by Ordnance Survey
Unsure where the Feb 2024 quote would have come from but if it was a reply from ourselves I suspect someone requested an estimated date for registration using the wrong category as a first registration, which is what this is, would have a very much longer wait time if not expedited.
Expedition generally means being processed within 2 weeks of approval re that request, which has happened here.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:46:09 GMT by Stella Bird
Hi, thanks for that very speedy reply. Great news. 

So does the 2 weeks of processing include the site visit for stage 2? 

Regards

Stella

Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:26:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stella - expedition means considered within 2 weeks and that was the context re my reference to 2 weeks in my reply. 
Once the site visit is arranged, and the owners have a role to play in that re arranging the visit, then generally speaking OS visit within 2 weeks of that request/information being provided.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in