Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 16:23:06 GMT by Geraldine Duffy-Jentz
Good afternoon,
We purchased our house in March 2023 as a leasehold house.  We then purchased the freehold in August 2023.  Our solicitor registered the new freehold title with the Land Registry in October 2023.  Since then we have decided to remortgage our house as we still have renovation work to complete on it and are struggling to pay for the additional work.  We have a remortgage offer.  We can't go ahead with the remortgage until our ownership of the freehold is registered and so I applied to expedite the transaction a few weeks ago.  The application was accepted and I was told on 22nd January that it would be handed over to a case worker.  We have heard nothing since, I keep hearing about a 10 day time-line for expedited transactions to complete but that would have been today, so I presume it is taking longer.  The details of the transaction are below
Enquiry Reference: 240119-2892461 Application Reference: KAB1B63 Title Number: CH727907
Could somebody let me know how far along we are with this, what needs to be done and when we could possibly expect the title to be changed?  I would appreciate any assistance you can give me.  
Kind regards
Posted Sun, 04 Feb 2024 14:27:56 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Geraldine - the application was expedited as you state and processed on 24th January. Unfortunately we needed more from the conveyancer and contacted them and we are now awaiting their reply.
Hopefully they can confirm for you, advise as to what has been requested and also advise when they hope to be able to respond. 
Posted Sun, 04 Feb 2024 16:06:09 GMT by Geraldine Duffy-Jentz

Thank you so much for your reply.  I will contact them tomorrow morning and try to get more information. Kind regards, Geraldine 

Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:20:47 GMT by Geraldine Duffy-Jentz
Good afternoon, I contacted my solicitor this morning and they said that they received the requested information back from the sellers solicitor on Friday afternoon and were then going to send it to the Land Registry this morning.   Can you let me know if this has been received and if it has, is there anything else that could hold up the registration or should it go through now?   Thank you and Kind regards, Geraldine
Application Reference: KAB1B63 Title Number: CH727907
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:34:41 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Geraldine - an additional document has been added to the application this morning so that will be reviewed by the casework team asap. We won't know if that's sufficient or if there's still a hold up until they've reviewed things - there's no magic switch sadly 
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 15:58:55 GMT by Geraldine Duffy-Jentz
Thank you for your reply.  Geraldine

Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 15:40:18 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Geraldine - the first registration of CH727907 has been completed today so the new title information is now available online
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 15:49:23 GMT by Geraldine Duffy-Jentz

Thank you so much for all your help and assistance.  That is great news for us!  Regards, Geraldine

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in