Skip to main content
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 04:51:37 GMT by Ian Lord
Is it possible for me to track the progress of an application? The title number is K183491, 31 Phillip Road, Folkestone.

thanks.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 05:08:25 GMT by Adam Hookway
Ian - there's no online tracking service. But it was received 16th April. It's unlikely to be processed for 4 months based on current timescales but when it is the applicant will be contacted.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:23:09 GMT by Ian Lord
Thanks.

Could you just answer one more question? The application relates to my father transferring his half of the property to me. My mother left me her half share of the property in her Will in March.

Will I need to apply to change the registration once again into to my sole ownership before I can sell?

Probate has now been granted.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:32:46 GMT by Adam Hookway
Ian - you can't transfer a half share. The legal ownership is always transferred as a whole. 
So if your Mother has passed away and your Father/you want to add you to the title then your Father needs to transfer the whole title to himself and you. Probate is not needed to deal with the property as the legal ownership, which we register, passed to your Father to deal with as appropriate.
The application as lodged transfers the whole of the legal title from your Father to just you. So base don what has bene submitted it seems the legal ownership is already being transferred to your sole name
No evidence of your Mother's death has been provided and that will be required. The casework team will contact you to request same when processing starts. Alternatively your Father can submit by post a certified copy of her death certificate or probate and quote the title number and case ref. K183491 - Y276WJT

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in