Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 09:29:55 GMT by Adam Coopman
Hello, 

I’m really hoping someone can help. 

We are in the process of selling our new build home which we bought in May 23. My solicitors and myself have contacted the land registry and have been told while it’s been given expedited status they cannot process ours ahead of the 20 applications before us (which are non expedited requests) 

As you can imagine this means our buyer is threatening to pull out. The reason for such a quick sale is because I am due to start a new job in July/Aug in Australia which we all have granted visa’s for including my partner and son so we need to sell our house to be able to finance the move. 

Is there anyone who could look into this for me please? We are a very stressed family right now and if I cannot commence employment in July/Aug I’m going to lose my job too. 

Address is:
2 Aspen Mews,
Stanley, Wakefield, WF34GN

Thank you 
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 11:38:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Adam - I will ask the casework team to review the current position and will post again when I have something concrete to share

As a general point I can see that you and the conveyancer have contacted us previously and the conveyancer has received a number of replies advising as to the priority issues involved re this development.
There are, and your conveyancer will be aware, a number of prior applications that affect the seller's title. Whilst they have not been expedited they will have been reviewed as part of the expedition process re your own application. Expedition is not a magic wand for example as priority order always matters and can delay things as has happened here.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 11:48:59 GMT by Adam Coopman

Thank you Adam for your prompt reply. 

Can I please ask the reason why the previous applications to ours on our estate must take priority please? Is there a logistical reason to this, or is just a general rule? 

Also is there any way of us knowing an estimate timescale to tell our buyers please? I am confused how anyone can sell their second hand new build when the backlog is until October 22 currently. 

Thank you

Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 12:07:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
Adam - it's a different use of the word 'priority' here and relates to the order in which applications are submitted. 
Nothing to do with whether your need is greater than someone else's 
When you bought your conveyancer would have checked what applications were already submitted against the seller's title to confirm the priority order and how, if any, then affected your plot purchase. 
In most cases and where the age of pending applications are sol old expedition will hasten those prior applications and remove the priority issues I refer to. That allows the expedited plot sale to also be registered and the sale to complete
Issues arise where a prior application, with priority, is not in order and cannot be completed. That can and does happen and can be an issue whilst we wait for the specific conveyancer to resolve the issues as raised and clear the way for later applications to hen be hastened and expedited etc
These are ideally matters best explained by your conveyancer as they will also be communicating this to your buyer if they are still acting for you.
Hopefully I will be able to explain it in more specific detail once I have a response from the casework team 
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:59:33 GMT by Adam Coopman

Hi Adam, 

Thank you for your explanation. Can I ask who in the process is holding up the chain of applications please? Is it another buyer on the estate who owns one of the plots, or is it something with the developer as it appears no houses on the estate have been completed yet. I’m happy to chase who is needed. 

Thank you

Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:03:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Adam - there's nothing for you to chase and I'm hoping that the casework team can find a way through the current 'priority' issue.
The priority is held by applications affecting the development as a whole so the key, when trying to register a single plot sale/purchase, is seeing if those prior applications will actually affect the specific plot. If they don;t then we can hopefully process the plot you are chasing.
If we can then the next key is that the conveyancer has submitted everything we need and correctly.
So please bear with me and wait for a further post
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:28:48 GMT by Adam Coopman

Thank you so much Adam, I really appreciate all your help during this stressful time.

Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 08:28:38 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Adam - the application has been partially drafted now but it's missing a certificate required with regards a restriction on the seller's title. The conveyancer was contacted yesterday with a request s hopefully they already have the certificate and can submit it to enable matters to complete
Please contact your conveyance for specific details and confirmation
YY182579 
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:30:14 GMT by Adam Coopman

Hi Adam, 

Thank you so much that’s amazing news! I’ve been in contact with my conveyancer today and unfortunately we do have a restriction certificate on file but it’s relating to a different restriction. We have contacted the developers solicitor today to get the one referred to above and will update once this has been sent across. 

Once again thank you so much for your help in getting this resolved quickly. 

Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:56:41 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Adam - just to update you as we've had a partial reply but the conveyancer states and is aware that 'more' is needed and to follow. So ball still firmly in their court sadly for now.
YY182579
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:02:58 GMT by Adam Coopman

Hi Adam, 

We have receive confirmation from our solicitor today that we have finally received the missing information from the developers certificate and that this has been send back to yourselves. Can you please let me know whether our application can now be given final approval? 

Thank you

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:23:43 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Adam - I responded to your post in my colleague's absence. 

We have received response from the conveyancers a couple of hours ago.  This will be considered by the caseworker as soon as possible. 
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 06:03:45 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Adam - the registration has bene completed and the registered information for YY182579 is now available online as and when required

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in