Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 07:36:03 GMT by J P
Good morning,

I was on the verge of exchanging on a property I’m buying, when it came to light that the deceased former owner’s name was very slightly misspelled on the title register.

The vendor’s solicitors put in an application to correct the title register last week, which my solicitor expedited immediately. Since then, I’ve heard nothing. I’m told we need this to be corrected before we can exchange.

Please can you let me know if the expedition request has been approved, and therefore this application should be picked up by a caseworker very shortly?

Title number: AGL156133

Many thanks,
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:08:48 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M JP - it should be processed in the next few days. It was submitted on 17th Nov and expedited but should be processed well within the 10 working days we flag as a target. 
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:35:33 GMT by J P

Hi Adam, thank you for getting back to me so quickly and confirming everything is on track to be processed shortly.

Kind regards,

Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:51:05 GMT by J P
Good afternoon,

Please can you let me know if this application has been picked up, as we're now approaching the end of another 3 working days since creation of this thread? This is now the very only thing holding up exchange so is very urgent to all parties involved.

Many thanks,
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 16:10:33 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A J P - it's been processed and we have written to the lodging conveyancer today to explain what update we can make and asking them to approve same. Hopefully they can respond quickly to confirm or otherwise. 
A Yes response will mean a faster completed update than a No or querying response
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:26:52 GMT by J P
Hi Adam, thank you for the update which I passed on to the seller. Are you able to advise if there's been a response from the lodging conveyancer yet?
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:51:21 GMT by Adam Hookway
HI J P - no reply as yet
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 12:23:51 GMT by J P
Hi Adam, please can you advise if you've now received everything you need from the lodging conveyancer to process this application and, if so, if this could be resolved urgently? My solicitor tells me today that they've tried to obtain an OS1 in relation to my purchase, which can't be provided at the current time due to this outstanding application.

Many thanks,
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 14:04:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
J P - the register was updated at 1.30pm so all should be good to go.
The conveyancer lodged a OS1 (search) yesterday so they will get a result. They wouldn't have got a 'clear' and immediate result yesterday as the pending application prevented that. But they will still get a result so not quite as described.
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 14:19:45 GMT by J P
Hi Adam, that's fantastic hopefully my solicitor can now proceed, thank you for your help with this over the past few days. Your quick and helpful responses have really helped to keep me feeling reassured that things have been progressing as quickly as possible.

Kind regards
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 14:20:55 GMT by Adam Hookway
J P - many thanks and appreciated. Just glad you are able to move things forward positively from here. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in