Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 13:35:03 GMT by Liam Williams
Hi,

We are currently in the process of selling a property, title number YY187411, and have an application for adverse possession of some land that is unregistered within the garden, application reference VB2DC13. We have previously requested this to be expedited.

Due to a mortgage offer expiry this has become more urgent so I wanted to check on the status of the application and how long it may be until it is resolved? We did have an OS survey completed on 6th November and further documentation provided through our conveyancer a couple of days later. I believe the application was stalled briefly earlier this week which was due to some confusion but I have been indformed it has been reopened.

What are the next stages of an application such as this from where we currently are sat?

Many thanks,

Liam
Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:08:26 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi LIam - at present we are waiting for your conveyancer to provide the requested statement of truth from the applicants themselves.
The application only has the previous owner's ST1 so we need one for yourselves also.
The conveyancer was contacted on the 3rd Nov to request same so I'd suggest contacting them to confirm and to clarify what you need to do
After that the final stage is usually to then notify adjoining landowners as appropriate to see if they consent/object or flag any issues. Those checks can last up to 3 weeks. But at this stage we don;t know if they are required until we get a full reply to our request of the 3rd Nov.
Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:50:48 GMT by Liam Williams
Thanks Adam,

Despite these documents being received by my conveyancer on 6th November I believe they sent them over earlier today.

Once these have been received how long is it usually before they are looked at and a decision on whether that additional stage is required is made?

Many thanks,

Liam
Posted Sat, 18 Nov 2023 06:31:38 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Liam - looks like their reply has now arrived and been added to the case. As it's an expedited application it should be reconsidered asap so early next week 
Your conveyancer can then check and confirm if the next and final stage has been reached and wider checks underway. But feel free to post again Wednesday to see 
YY187411
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:01:06 GMT by Liam Williams
Thanks Adam!

I know it's not Wednesday yet, but I was wondering if you were able to guage the likelihood we'll hear something soon? Apologies for asking, I'm just trying to work out the timescales to give to the buyer of the property to see if we can make it before the mortgage application expiry lower down the chain.

Many thanks,

Liam
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:47:33 GMT by Adam Hookway

Liam - it's back with one of our lawyers to confirm wider checks can now start. If they are required, and they invariably are, then you are looking at the 3 week wait I referenced before.

When does their mortgage offer expire?

Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:01:38 GMT by Liam Williams
Thanks Adam,

As it stands I believe 1st December. Once we know how this application needs to progress then we're hopeful they can apply for an extension if the further checks are required, but if they weren't then we'd be confident to work towards completion by that date.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:10:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Liam - noted. Everything crossed then that wider checks are not needed. If not then the 1st Dec remains doable but let's check again tomorrow lunchtime

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in