Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:23:36 GMT by V Narayanan

Hello

I am trying to find the status of application made by my solicitor regarding a registraion of lease extension on my property (my Property ownership title reference TGL187259 in respect of new 999 lease for the Property Description under the application referece below.

HMLR Application reference is NB918DE ( Dispositionary first lease ( new title TGL596190, Parent title TGL571942). Application was made in January 2023.

My title register tgl187259 as of date still shows the old lease period and not the new lease details.<br> <br> Fyi, my property is in a block of flats whose freehold was acquired by us as part of enfrachisement and new lease agreement signed to reflect the 999 years lease.

Wondering when this will be completed and my title register updated to show the new lease period off 999 years.

Thanks

Posted Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:34:21 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello - you have all the correct information. We have a backlog of this type of work and wait times are very lengthy. Based on current average processing times I would not expect it to be considered until April/May next year. That's not a target or definitive date but simply an estimate. Your conveyancer would have that information and be able to share also.
Your ownership and new lease are protected so generally speaking the length of wait has minimal impact on you as a result
Posted Thu, 29 Jun 2023 11:53:05 GMT by V Narayanan
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I understand ownership  and new lease is protected but as you can imagine, seeing it in black and white on my title register always gives more peace of mind!

I wish processing of the registration in HMLR was also as quick as your prompt response.

As a suggestion, it would be helpful for the public to be able to see the application status online as well and not limited to the solicitor through their portal. Maybe the website should allow this function in future to the public.

Thanks
Posted Thu, 29 Jun 2023 12:39:00 GMT by Adam Hookway

Many thanks and understood/appreciated. ‘Better’ citizen offerings are being developed but they too may take time to emerge. 
We do publish processing times on GOV.UK but these are of a general nature re average timescales but appreciate not as ‘out there’ and matching your awareness with what we refer to by types. 
As such we do rely on conveyancers to manage their clients re timescales as they can add their own experience to the information we share up front. 
Far from ideal, especially with such long wait times, but the reassuring message I’d share for all would be an application is protected and will be processed as soon as possible. Don’t worry. Some will naturally and want more but such a lengthy wait isn’t an issue with your ownership, the deal etc so peace of mind can prevail 

Posted Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:34:26 GMT by V Narayanan

Hello, 

Is there any progress on the application?

Posted Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:36:22 GMT by V Narayanan

HMLR Application reference is NB918DE ( Dispositionary first lease ( new title TGL596190, Parent title TGL571942). Application was made in January 2023.

Posted Mon, 12 Feb 2024 10:54:06 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello V - still waiting to be processed. That may not be for a few months at least still

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in