Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 20:03:15 GMT by Dale Styles
230902-2409006 Title Number: CL214290

Hi, I recieved an email saying that my request for expediting my application to cancel a charge from the register had been granted. However, I heard nothing at all since and it has been over six weeks now and nearly 3 months since I first lodged the application.

I don't want to go into details on a public forum, as they are very sensitive, but I explained them in detail when I applied for the expedite and hopefully you can find them with the reference I have given. My father is in a very bad situation at the moment and I am worried that it might get even worse if the application to remove the charge takes a long time.

Can you please let me know what is holding things up and what I can perhaps do to fix them.

Thank you very much,

Dale
Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:49:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Dale - the application is held up by two prior applications to transfer parts of the title you refer to and lodged in June and July respectively.
I'll flag with the casework team to ensure that they are being hastened in light of the expedited later application.

Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 13:20:42 GMT by Dale Styles
Hi, thanks Adam,

I acted for myself without using a solicitor for those part transfers, so if there is anything that needs sorting, ie the transferee's solicitor needs chasing, then please let me know as I can do that from my end as well.

Many thanks for your prompt reply, I really do appreciate it.

Dale
Posted Mon, 13 Nov 2023 02:03:06 GMT by Dale Styles

HI Adam,

Do you have any updates? It's been another month and I've not heard anything. As I said, I acted as the conveyancer at my end, so any problems with the prior applications should find there way back to me, if there are any.

Many thanks,

Dale

Posted Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:06:09 GMT by Adam Hookway

Hi Dale - I'll check for an update and come back to you asap

Posted Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:42:50 GMT by Dale Styles

That's great Adam, thank you.

Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 14:36:38 GMT by Dale Styles

Hi Adam,

Any news on the update yet please?

Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 15:25:42 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Dale - I have replied to your query in the absence of my colleague. 

I am awaiting for an update on your application from the relevant Team Leaders . As my colleague advised previously, the application is held up by the prior pending applications.

Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:30:45 GMT by Dale Styles
Thank you Nimish. I realise there are prior applications, but I was party to their being submitted and therefore any problems with them would probably find there way back to me at some point. I am hoping I can speed up that process if it is necessary.

Thanks, Dale
Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 16:33:35 GMT by Dale Styles
Hi Adam,

Are there any futher updates? My Auntie told me that she had a letter saying that if neither her nor her brother objected to the removal of the charge by the 6th of December, then it would be removed. I haven't heard anything at all, can you let me know how it's going please?

Many thanks,

Dale
Posted Sun, 10 Dec 2023 09:23:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
Dale - the prior applications remain so we can't complete the specific application your Auntie referred to as yet.
We are still waiting for replies from the lodging solicitor
Posted Sun, 10 Dec 2023 21:14:56 GMT by Dale Styles

Hi Adam,

If you can give me some idea as to the replies you need, I can perhaps chase things from my end as I have dealt with the solicitor myself on all three prior applications. Are there major problems or just minor oversights?

Thanks,

Dale

Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 07:39:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
HI Dale - we would not normally divulge specific requests here on the forum and would ask you to contact the solicitor as appropriate 
However I can confirm on the application affecting No 58 there is an issue with the identity verification that needs to be dealt with by the solicitor who verified identities and
On No 35 there are a number of issues re the forms and details provided
CL214290, CL378298 & CL378938 
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 14:31:44 GMT by Dale Styles

Hi Adam.

Thanks very much for that. I will see what I can do my end.

Many thanks,

Dale

Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 17:47:16 GMT by Dale Styles

Hi Adam.

Can I please ask, if we were to sell another plot of land from CL214290 would the registration of this plot then also become a prior application to the removal of title restriction? Or would the title restriction application come up on the buyer's search so that their subsequent registration would not have priority? I am just trying to figure things out so that we don't do anything that inadvertantly leads to more delay.

Thank you,

Dale

Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 06:56:19 GMT by Adam Hookway
Dale - anything submitted now would not have priority over the application to remove the restriction. The buyer's search would reveal the pending applications and confirm that they had priority also
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:39:45 GMT by Dale Styles

That is great, thanks very much Adam. Also, the buyer's are chasing up their solicitor so there might be some progress there in due course, finger's crossed.

Dale

Posted Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:28:40 GMT by Dale Styles

Hi Adam,

Are there any updates please? I contacted the buyer and they contacted their solicitor who responded that they thought there was just one requisition outstanding which they would attend to "as soon as practicable". Are there still outstanding requisitons and if so, can you perhaps send them again to the solicotor, in case they have been overlooked?

Many thanks,

Dale

Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 08:20:51 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Dale - I have responded to your further post in the absence of my colleague. 

We have sent a reminder of the outstanding points to the conveyancers who submitted the application and are awaiting a response. 
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 14:20:14 GMT by Dale Styles
HI NImish,

Thank you for that, and I'll try to chase again from my end,

Dale

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in