Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:39:59 GMT by U R
Hello,

We are struggling to get any responses from our conveyancer so reaching out here for help. 
They finally submitted an expedited application for purchase that happened in August 2022 on December 5th 2023. This should have been processed in early February 2024, but I have no visibility as to why it's still pending? Did the conveyancer submit all the required info? If not, is there a deadline they need to respond by? Any insight would be appreciated. 

Title Number: NGL2173
HM Land Registry Reference: N435TFT

Thank you very much for your help!

Undine
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:49:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Undine - they submitted two separate applications on 5th Dec and neither have been expedited as yet.
The first was to register a Transfer to your seller. The second was to register a Transfer to you.
What was the reason for the urgency please as both Transfers and your ownership are protected even though some time since completion and application 

Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:54:34 GMT by U R
Thank you for a quick response. Are there two applications because the sellers transfer hadn't yet been done before the seller sold the property to us? 

The screenshot they shared with me before said that the application is priority protected (assumed priority = expedited)  and that the estimated completion date is 09/02/2024. Now we are at end of the March so I am curious what's stopping it from being finished? 

Thank you!
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:09:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Undine - that's correct so they've submitted two applications as mentioned.
Priority means the order in which applications are submitted and then protected as a result. It doesn't relate to priority as in urgency or important for example.
Estimated timescales are just that, estimates, so no definitive and applications can wait longer before being processed. 
All that's stopping them from being processed is the backlog of work we have 
So there's nothing to be concerned about now that the applications are with us. And now simply a case of waiting until your conveyancer confirms once completed and the register updated
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:13:53 GMT by U R
Thank you for explaining! Is there any risk of the application being withdrawn/cancelled if the conveyancer isn't submitting the information you require? Given our history with them, I worry that this may happen and we wouldn't know about it.

And to confirm the application I mentioned has been submitted for initials Miss U R & Mr M S?

Thank you again, really appreciate your help!

Undine
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 07:56:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Undine - that risk always exists but very rarely happens as we are equally loathe to cancel an application where much of the work has already been done. 
That is correct re the application and initials
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:44:28 GMT by U R
Hi Adam,

May I please ask if our solicitors have engaged with either of the two applications in the past month and submitted any required info? Given they are completely ignoring our attempts to reach out to them I have nowhere else to ask.
We are planning to apply for a planning permission shortly and the council warned us that while we can get it without the title deeds it will, however, affect our ability to start the actual works. I do want to make sure this is moving forward. 

Thank you!
Best wishes,
Undine
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:10:57 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Undine - no response as yet sadly
NGL2173

Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 11:03:46 GMT by U R
Thank you Adam! Have there been any warnings/deadlines on the case getting cancelled already? What information you are waiting for them on? I will then see what I can do to get this to you asap.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 11:47:52 GMT by Adam Hookway
U R - still waiting for a response from BES Legal to our request dated 27th Feb. You'll need to contact them to confirm and to clarify what's been requested
NGL2173
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 11:51:55 GMT by U R
Hi Adam,

I finally reached them last week and they confirmed they have submitted the required info. Could you please confirm this is indeed the case and what the next steps are? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 14:15:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi U R - I'll check with the casework team for an update
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 15:09:27 GMT by Adam Hookway
HI U R - that application has been completed and the register updated

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in