Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 07:18:02 GMT by Adam Hookway
Anna - we have written to the applicant re MAN389595 on the 2nd and again on the 7th Jan and await their response
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:33:45 GMT by Anna Harvey
Hi Adam, appreciate the update. Will the lawyers at HMLR not be able to progress with MAN429169's application without a response from the applicant regarding MAN389595? Just wondering if there is a cut-off for them to reply, or if the process is currently at an indefinite standstill until a response is received from them. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:42:15 GMT by Adam Hookway
Anna - I'll enquire of the casework team to see how things re playing out
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 15:08:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Anna - the specific application MAN429169 is with one of our lawyers so I will need to wait for an update worthy of sharing. I will post again when I have that
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 15:11:49 GMT by Anna Harvey
Hi Adam, I understand. Thanks for the update.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:49:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Anna - there are issues that remain but hopefully they are internal ones to resolve re the registered information. The lawyers advise that they'd expect to have a positive outcome early next week after the issues have been discussed further and a resolution achieved.
I'll keep an eye on it and post early next week as soon as I have something concrete to share
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 11:12:49 GMT by Anna Harvey
Oh my goodness, that's really promising news. Thank you for your dedicated support (to Nimish, too), I see how effectively you handle the many anxious members of the public with such grace and patience. It's truly appreciated.

May I ask, please, assuming a positive outcome next week, will the lodging conveyancer for MAN429169 receive a notification right away that the possessory title has been assigned? Just wondering in terms of the stage at which we can think about exchange/completion on buying the house, or if we need to factor in extra time while the records are updated/show on the land reg search after the approval so that they can be included in the contract of sale. Excuse my ignorance but we are first time buyers.

Anna
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 11:42:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Anna - once registrations are completed the registered information is available online immediately. The lodging conveyancers are notified on completion also
As far as timescales are concerned I would recommend resisting, if possible, the desire to move quickly to making firm arrangements for next steps until after the registrations have been completed. 
As yet we cannot be 100% sure that everything will be resolved as you hope and whilst I totally understand the desire to move forward asap next steps are always best made when on firm ground. And only your conveyancer(s) can provide that firm ground re next steps and positive progress re the actual sale/purchase
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 11:49:30 GMT by Anna Harvey

Hi Adam, completely understand - we wouldn't be looking to proceed with the sale unless the appropriate titles are in place. The reason I asked was more to understand whether or not there would be another period of waiting, once (and assuming/hoping) the registration is approved. Thanks!

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:07:43 GMT by Anna Harvey

Hi Adam / Nimish

Just checking in to see if there had been any updates at all?

Thank you

Anna

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:19:50 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Anna - There is no update as yet from what my colleague advised you last week. 
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:42:57 GMT by Anna Harvey
Hi Adam, do you have any update at all, please?
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:50:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Anna - I'm hopeful that we are no on the last leg of the journey re this one. It's back with the casework team to process so I am hoping that will happen in the next day or two. 
I'll make a note to check and update you as soon as I can confirm that matters have been completed and the registered information updated/created as appropriate.
Please bear with me and wait for a further post
MAN429169
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:57:46 GMT by Anna Harvey
Hi Adam, million thanks as always, that's really heartening! 
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 10:18:17 GMT by Adam Hookway
H Anna - so MAN429169 is now registered. 
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 10:59:08 GMT by Anna Harvey
Hi Adam, such great news, we are thrilled! Thank you!

Please can I ask if there's a way for either me or our conveyancer to view the proposed amount of rentcharge put forward in Tapestart Ltd's application against title MAN389595, and when a decision on this application will be likely? We are keen to understand what costs may be enforced if it is approved.

MAN389595:
Property Description:  Rentcharges over 2-32 (evens) Heathland Terrace, 1-7 (odds) Heathland Terrace, 15-29 (odds) Broadhurst Street & 46-60 (evens) Broadhurst Street, Stockport SK3 8DU

Thanks

Anna

Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 11:17:16 GMT by Adam Hookway
Anna - the rentcharge application impacts on a number of properties and we are waiting for Tapestart to respond to a request we issued in early Jan. 
I'd recommend speaking to the conveyancer(s) involved for details re the rentcharge as appropriate and likely costs involved. We won't know re any apportionment until the application issue is resolved and is completed 
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 14:32:38 GMT by Anna Harvey
Hi Adam, okay, thanks for this! Our conveyancer will ask. Best wishes
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 14:40:26 GMT by Adam Hookway
Anna - understood although I'd expect them to either have the answer or be asking the other conveyancer for the answer/reassurance as appropriate. The registration part should come after the answer is known 
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 12:58:47 GMT by Anna Harvey
Gotcha, thanks again Adam. I think this is the last you will hear from me, so thank you again for the support during this time, it's been very much appreciated. Anna

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in