Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 30 Jul 2023 12:09:33 GMT by Basharat Mohammed
Hi

Ref: 15 Eastwood Road B12 9NA

Still waiting for the confirmation of “transfer of part” after purchasing the above listed property. Completion took place in September 2021.

I do understand that you are extremely busy and transfer of part of title do take longer than a standard transaction.  

Our solicitor has no updates therefore I assume no additional information has been requested and it will be processed soon.

Could you give us some indication when this will be done?

Thank you

Regards

BM

Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 07:12:17 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Basharat -  There has been no application against the title for 15 Eastwood Road since September 2021.  I would suggest you check with your solicitor when was the application submitted and what is the application reference. 
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 16:45:30 GMT by Basharat Mohammed
Hi Nimish

Thank you for the quick response.

The Solictors have provided me with details of the application. 

Please find the details attached. 

Regards

BM
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 06:51:00 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Basharat - Thank you for the details. 

The application is caught up in the delays that we currently have and is awaiting to be looked.  On average it is taking around 11 to 15 months for such applications to be processed, though some are taking even longer. 

Our processing times for such applications are shown on our website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-processing-times#more-complex-changes-and-new-entries

Is there some urgency? 

If the delay in registration is causing you difficulty or holding up a follow-up transaction then you can ask us to expedite the application. If we approve expedite we will aim to process the application as a priority, subject to any queries or additional tasks we may need to carry out.  Guidance on how to request expedite is on our website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-an-expedite

I hope this is of some help. 
Posted Mon, 25 Dec 2023 14:34:23 GMT by Basharat Mohammed
Hi

It has been 18 months since the application was submitted. 

We recently paid off the mortgage on the property. 

Could you please provide us with an update and also check if the bank has informed the land registry that the property has been paid off.

Thank you
Posted Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:44:06 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Basharat - Your application is being processed but we are not in a position to complete the registration until our queries are resolved.  We wrote to the solicitors on 21 November with some queries and are awaiting their response. 

I also cannot see any notification from the bank. 

I hope this helps. 
Posted Sun, 03 Mar 2024 17:27:10 GMT by Basharat Mohammed

Hi

I received a response from the solicitor at the start of the year saying that they were waiting for the sellers solicitor to provide the necessary information.

Emailed again last month and have not received a response back yet.

Could you please check if anything has been submitted and also if you have received any notification from the bank about removing the charge.

I am very grateful for all the information you are continuing to provide. Without this I would not be able to chase up my solicitor, who does not seem to be actively pursuing the case.

Thank you

Kind regards

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 08:02:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Basharat - I'm afraid the application was cancelled at the end of February and the solicitor informed. They didn't provide the requested information 
I would suggest contacting them again and perhaps escalating it within the firm (complaint?) to get a response/positive action
MM171357

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in