Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 13:38:36 GMT by Chloe Haslam
Hello,

I am purchasing a property and have been advised that there is a pending application so cannot proceed until this is fixed. Are you able to give me any information on this?

Property address 78 Croft Close, B771BF

Thank you
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 14:06:56 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Chloe - 78 forms part of a larger title and the pending application is to register it's transfer out of that title and presumably to your seller.
That application was lodged back in Oct 2022 and processing only started very recently after it was expedited, presumably due to the onward sale/purchase.
We've just contacted the lodging conveyancer for more information as needed to complete things. Hopefully they can confirm and let you know how soon they hope to respond to enable us to complete matters 
SF682818
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 11:11:16 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Thanks Adam,

Are you able to confirm if the application is for freehold? I am having a few issues with my mortgage application as the land registry states leasehold and the estate agents have said it’s freehold. 

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 11:20:07 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - the application is to register a transfer of your part of the freehold. Whilst the leasehold still exists then both can be/are referred to 
When the Transfer is registered there will be two titles/tenures. One freehold and one leasehold and both in the same ownership of your seller.
You should clarify/confirm what's needed with your conveyancer/lender as you may purchase both and then apply for the leasehold to be closed (merged into the freehold) so you just have a freehold title/tenure. 
It will make a difference to your mortgage application so do speak to and take advice from the conveyancer/lender as to what needs to happen next
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 11:49:13 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Thank you - has there been a response from the requisition at all yet?

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 11:52:33 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - No
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 12:07:55 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Can you confirm if it’s talbots who is the lodging solicitor?

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 13:52:42 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - it is Talbots, yes
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 14:12:32 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Hi Adam,

Sorry to bother you again, just checking in to see if Talbots have responded yet?

Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 14:46:17 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - nothing as yet
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 10:45:42 GMT by Chloe Haslam
Hi Adam,

Is there anything we can do to chase talbots for a response?

With this being my purchase i am not in contact with the seller. I have tried the estate agent but just been told the message will be passed on. 

Thanks for your help 
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 11:00:40 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - whilst we issue a reminder if no response we don;t chase the conveyancer. Your EA may have some clout but it's really one for your own conveyancer to perhaps tackle down the chain as peer to peer. 
The issue Talbots may have is that they too are reliant on their seller to provide the extra information
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 11:57:46 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Thank you Adam - when you say seller do you mean my seller or the person who originally sold the house to them?

Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:00:08 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - the seller who sold to them
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:40:31 GMT by Chloe Haslam
Morning Adam, just checking in to see if you have received a response as of yet? Thank you for your help on this. 
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:43:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Chloe - nothing as yet still
SF682818
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:45:18 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Thanks Adam, do you know exactly what we are waiting on at all so I can try to push my side?

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:56:38 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - I do but we would not share the specific details in a public forum. I suspect the conveyancer is reliant on a third party/another conveyancer to provide some of the requested information, hence the delay.
I would suggest/recommend that you push your own conveyancer to push up the pipeline so to speak.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:00:19 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Thank you. My solicitor is keen to order the searches but i just wanted to check there is no change in the title plan through this application?

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:26:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - the application is to create a new title (SF682818) for Number 78 so a new title plan (not a changed one) will be prepared.
The seller (developer's) title will change as Number 78 will be removed from it

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in