Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 07:13:35 GMT by Benjamin Loose
Hi - I am in the process of remortgaging to release equity - were ready to go from the lenders perspective but there is a pending application on the register for a lease extension - they won't proceed until this has been done.

I have requested an expedite, but need this done urgently - is there a timescale?
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 07:59:17 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Benjamin - expedition pushes the application to the front of the waiting queue. Generally speaking the wait time is 2 weeks but can be less if nothing else is pending against the same title(s).
Everything hinges on it being in order from there
What's your conveyancer advised re expedition and timescales/action since? They can check progress online for example and if there's more needed they can confirm and advise also
Posted Sun, 04 Feb 2024 13:11:43 GMT by Benjamin Loose
Hello and thanks for your quick response, much appreciated.

Are you able to confirm that this has been expedited and the current state of play? i am under some time pressure to get this resolved in the next 14 days owing to a pending remortgage.

My conveyancer has given me the Land Registry Reference  Reference No VA26AD3 
Posted Sun, 04 Feb 2024 14:48:35 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Benjamin - many thanks. It was expedited and processed but we need more from your conveyancer. They were contacted on 1st Feb
Hopefully they can confirm and clarify what is required for you and how swiftly they will be able to respond in full also to help you/us meet the deadline you refer to
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 08:01:55 GMT by Benjamin Loose

Thanks Adam - i am chasing them today. 

Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 12:11:13 GMT by Benjamin Loose

<p>Hi Adam - I have been told that the requisitions have been completed now.</p>

Are you able to confirm when the application has been processed?

Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 14:03:33 GMT by Adam Hookway
Benjamin - they replied at midday so that reply and the case will go back to the casework team to reconsider. That will be asap but I can't be definitive re timescales so suggest you post again in 24/48hrs
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 10:09:03 GMT by Benjamin Loose
Hi Adam - do you know if there's any update - I have to update my conveyancer today (sorry to harass you!)
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 11:20:26 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Benjamin - nothing as yet so until it's reconsidered we can't be definitive re a timescale
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 11:45:23 GMT by Benjamin Loose
Hello, are you able to tell me whether this has been considered yet, please?
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:34:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Benjamin - the application was completed and the new registered information created late yesterday. Hopefully you can move forward now with your remortgage
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:42:31 GMT by Benjamin Loose

Adam - thanks so much - I really appreciate all of your help with this.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in