Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:49:54 GMT by Stephen Martin
My title number is GR400924 and also GR420143
through a solicitor we arranged to have own lease changed from a lease hold with Persimmon Homes to a Freehold, this was over two years ago, and each time we contact the solicitors they say it’s with the Land Registry they are delaying this type of transaction, is that the case ? As when I look at your posted completion time schedules it’s says 3/6 months, what going on?
the property is 9 Manor Road Newent GL181TH, can you throw some light on this as we were hoping to sell the property, I’ve checked the land registration and it’s still saying lease hold, I paid out of my pension fund to pay for this so I’m not happy.
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:57:42 GMT by Stephen Martin
Nothing reported, nothing said, nothing done
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:58:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stephen - the simple answer is Yes it was delayed due to us but now that delay lies with the conveyancer.
The application to determine (close) the leasehold title and transfer the freehold to you was submitted in Jan 2023. A backlog of this type of work meant a lengthy wait time before it would be processed.
However it was expedited (fast-tracked) at the end of September and processed. Unfortunately it was not in order and we contacted the conveyancer with a request for more on 4th October. Whilst they have provided a partial reply they asked for more time. We granted them an extension of time on 3rd January until the end of the month. 
Until they provide a full response and provide the requested information we cannot complete the registration
You don't mention when you contacted your conveyancer and they said the delay was down to us but hopefully if you contact them again they can confirm the above and also clarify what's outstanding and when they expect to reply
GR470983 - provisional new title
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:04:01 GMT by Stephen Martin

Hi Adam Hookway,

I’m in absolutely shocked to hear that the Freehold application wasn’t submitted until January 2023, a full year after we were told by our conveyancer that the changes were originally submitted, even more surprised that you had indeed contacted them advising that the application wasn’t in order, it’s all news to me, especially the request for more time!
In the correspondence I’ve had with the conveyancer, the delays were caused by the Land Registry department, at no time have they said there was an issue, so thank you for that information, I still have no idea what further information is required, but once this has been completed and returned you, what further delay can I expect before the registration is completed? I have been attempting to sell the house for over two years now, hoping that changing the lease to freehold would attract a quick transaction.

thank you for highlighting the issues, and I will endeavour to understand the problems with this process.

Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:19:12 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Stephen - our backlog can cause conveyancers issues re progress and more but if we get a full response then normally the registration can be completed quickly. 
See what they advise re any update and when you know they have replied in full then post again and we can check for you to confirm etc
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 11:24:00 GMT by Stephen Martin

Hi Adam,

it appears that there were issues between Persimmon Homes and the submission by our representative solicitors that you have raised with them both to resolve; thank you for letting me know, although I’m still clueless as to what the problem is but they ensure me it’s just a small glitch that they can resolve with Persimmon Homes, having said that persimmons are known to drag their heels at every opportunity, it’s the nature of the beast apparently. 

The solicitors has said they haven’t been given a deadline by the Land Registry by which time they were to reply so have not yet had to apply for any extension?

I’m so glad you replied to my initial enquiry as I feel I’d be waiting forever, Covid has a lot to answer for, I’m hoping now that you are involved and the solicitors have woken up, this problem is soon resolved, thank you.

Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:33:40 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stephen - understood and appreciated, Hopefully they can resolve matters quickly for you. We contacted them at the end of January but we won't chase or cancel for a while now so the ball is very much in their court
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 15:31:59 GMT by Stephen Martin

Hi Adam,

Apparently the solicitors sent in the completed documentation requested by your offices on the 16th February 2024, are you able to confirm and say if the application is now completed correctly, and possibly indicate when the land registry will be updated in my favour as a “Freehold”?

thank you for your help in sorting this all out, without your help and advice I’d still be completely blind and no further forward, appreciate your help.

Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 16:13:54 GMT by Adam Hookway

Hi Stephen - reply received as you mention but things were still delayed by a prior application against the seller's title. That has only just been resolved today so I'll se if I can get a handle on remaining timescales for you.

Please bear with me and wait for a further post

GR470983

Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 12:39:45 GMT by Stephen Martin

Thank you Adam, much appreciated 

Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 09:23:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Stephen - GR470983 has at last been completed and the registered information is now available online as required.
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 09:56:17 GMT by Stephen Martin

Hi Adam,

Thank you for all your help in getting the Freehold application processed at long last, it amazes me that when dealing with solicitors you tend to believe their every word, and assume they are doing everything in their power to complete a task given to them in a timely manner. Without your help and understanding I’d still be completely blind as to the issues you raised, and the lack of responsive progress by the two other parties involved ; Persimmons and my solicitor. Without your help the lack of progress would of continued indefinitely, and with no resolution.

Thank you again for the understanding and guidance you have given in assisting me, together we pushed the powers that be into doing the work that should of been completed  seamlessly two years ago. Thank you very much appreciated 

Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 11:20:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Stephen - just glad we were able to get this one over the finish line for you to enable you to move on. 
Your kind words are very much appreciated and I will share with colleagues who deserve far more praise than I here

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in