Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:16:33 GMT by BETH SHEARER
Good afternoon,  I have an OS2 result which shows two pending applications for discharges of charges, but there are no charges (or pending applications for registrations of charges) against the title.
If I give you a title number would you be able to give me some advice please ?
(we are due to complete the purchase today)
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:22:57 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Beth - I can try if you share the title number

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:24:28 GMT by BETH SHEARER
EX913508 - applications made on 03/08/2023 and 19/10/2022.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:26:46 GMT by BETH SHEARER
LR refs F5355BT and T957XRS
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:53:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Beth - it looks like the two applications have been lodged 'incorrectly'. 
I put that in ''s as the wrong submission may be as a result of the complex history of  the site etc and the length of time being taken to register each application, of which there are many
The first one is really a discharge of a legal charge as yet not registered but has been submitted against parts of EX646326 and EX913508 - the new title is AA45910 so the 3rd Aug 2023 should actually be against that new title but they've lodged against the parent/seller's title in error - AA45910 affects land in Zones R, S & U, Beaulieu, Chelmsford, Essex
Similarly the second application 19th Oct 2022 is actually a discharge of the charge now registered against AA33777 and land known as Zone W. That new title has been registered but the two parent titles still refer as there are prior pending applications with priority

So two outcomes for me here on which I can advise
1. I will draw attention of the two applications and how they should be reviewed and captured against the correct titles as appropriate; and
2. I can ask colleagues to review and reissue OS2 results for each as appropriate 
But what you do will I suspect depend on two things also
1. Can you ignore the OS2 result re these two specific applications IF you are satisfied that your client's land/property does not fall within the Zones or titles mentioned; and
2. You telling me which OS2(s) you are referring to as there are a number on the two EX titles I refer to.

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 13:01:26 GMT by BETH SHEARER
Thank you Adam, that was the conclusion we had drawn but confirmation is great.  If a pending application is revealed in a priority search, I guess a discharge application is one of the less problematic ones !!  We have spoken to the developer also and have completed the purchase.
I appreciate your assistance.
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 14:00:05 GMT by Adam Hookway
Beth - many thanks - don't be shy with own conclusions when posting though. 
Indeed re a discharge but I'll flag with colleagues to tidy up these two applications 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in