Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 18:01:05 GMT by Chloe Haslam
Hi, I am currently in the process of selling my house however my solicitor cannot draft the contract pack until the pending application on my property is complete. 

My previous solicitor responded to a requisition and we were told the application cannot be expedited as it was already in progress. 

I was told someone from the land registry accessed my application on Wednesday this week but couldn’t be told why or what happens now. 

Can you please provide an update on the application as my buyer is starting to get agitated and I am worried she will pull out which will then impact both my sale and my purchase.

I have two title numbers on the paperwork I have aswell as a reference number. 

Reference - KCA757A
Title numbers - SF685434 and SF661048 
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 08:39:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - conveyancer responded to our request dated 13th Nov on the 3rd Jan. We have been in correspondence since trying to resolve matters and responded to their most recent reply yesterday, 15th Feb.
We are now waiting for them to respond again and to resolve the issues raised re the lease plans
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 09:14:26 GMT by Chloe Haslam
Thanks Adam, am I right in thinking it’s the plan that is incorrect - Have they sent 111 instead of 101? I am just trying to push from my side to get this sorted. 
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:06:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - that appears to be the problem, yes
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:59:39 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Hi Adam, I have this - and I have attached to this. Are you able to pass it on or does it need sending from my conveyancer?

Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 11:07:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - it has to be the conveyancer as they lodged the application and are your legal representative. Sorry
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:47:38 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Hi Adam,

I believe this has now been replied to from the conveyancer. Is there a time frame on when the case handler will review this? Apologies, my buyer is on the verge of pulling out and I am eager to get this application completed to avoid this. However, I do appreciate I am in a queue. 

Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:29:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - we have received a further reply so I'll see if the casework team can give me a steer re remaining timescales.
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:31:54 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Thank you - that would be incredibly helpful

Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:13:10 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - the registration has been completed against new title SF685434, your new title, so hopefully things can proceed for you
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:29:50 GMT by Chloe Haslam
Hi Adam,

I have now had enquiries come through on this matter from the conveyencer and one states that the copy of the lease held at the land registry still has the additional plan of apartment 111 in. Can you advise on how we get this removed? 
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:35:12 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - if the scanned lease that we hold is incorrect in some way then they should lodge a correct one. The landlord/tenant should each have the original/counterpart so if the one lodged was 'wrong' then they need to correct it 
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:41:27 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Thanks Adam. Who is responsible for lodging the correct one? 

Would it be my current conveyancer dealing with the sale, the conveyancer i used to purchase the property or the landlords conveyancer?

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:10:52 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - that's up to you/them. As you are looking to sell then I'd start the ball rolling with your current conveyancer as they are the only one now acting for you so most likely to react/respond
Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 12:24:06 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Hi Adam,

Can you give me any more information on the above as everyone my side seems to be struggling. What application is it that needs to be lodged and is it a simple case of lodging the same application but with the extra plan removed?

I’m not sure who’s at fault here as the correct plan was sent to the land registry but the incorrect one was never removed, just the new one added. 

I just need some guidance on exactly what needs to be done so I can go back to my conveyencer. 

Posted Sat, 06 Apr 2024 05:50:20 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - it's unlikely we can really advise you in the way that you want as the conveyancer, PM Property Lawyers Limited, has just submitted a new application against the titles involved to 'note a lease'
I'm not entirely sure why they have lodged it and a copy of the current leasehold register and nothing else, no covering letter to explain etc. I suspect they have done so to try and protect the position re the plan issue you refer to but on it's own the application achieves nothing without an explanation
If they've got the plans wrong in the lease then that needs to be corrected, perhaps by way of a deed of variation entered into with the landlord and yourself, but it's very much for your conveyancer to clarify/confirm what's needed here.
We register the information and lease as submitted and the issue raised re the lease was that it referred to 5 plans but none were labelled in the way the lease describes. The conveyancer amended that detail but did not change the Apartment number on plan 1B. So the registered lease still has plans 1A and 1B referring to different Apartments 
SF661048 & SF685434 
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:37:28 GMT by Chloe Haslam
Hi Adam,

I believe aconveyancing put in an application for the incorrect plan to be removed from the lease and the lease to be registered against the freehold yesterday. Can you confirm this has been received by LR? Thank you 
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 08:39:54 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chloe - PM Property submitted a type of application on 4th April which I assume is aimed at trying to update/amend matters. But it's not very clear as to what they are actually applying for or seeking to achieve as it seems they have simply lodged an official copy of the lease obtained from us and which includes the conflicting plans re numbered apartments and nothing else. So I can't tell what it is that they are applying for and they need to make that clear. 
Obviously I have understood what you have raised but this is their application so they need to be clear what it is they are applying for
I'd suggest asking them to clarify what it is they have actually applied for and ask them to get in touch through usual channels, not the forum, to clarify and provide additional information as appropriate
As it stands I can't see how their application is going to progress matters in a way so as to resolve the issue and enable your sale to proceed. However that will have to be confirmed by the casework team when it is processed but as you have contacted me via the forum for help I feel I ought to try and offer you a steer at this stage to try and manage your own expectations

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 08:47:19 GMT by Chloe Haslam

Hi Adam,

Thank you, I wasn’t talking about the application lodged by PM Law as they shouldn’t of lodged one. I’m not entirely sure what they was trying to achieve either if i’m honest.  There should have been one sent over yesterday from aconveyancing after a discussion they had with the land registry, i was checking to see if this one had been received that was all. 

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:05:42 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chloe - ok and understood. I can see that they have contacted us re a request to Amend the title so can confirm that
I can also now see that you have been contacting us by phone as well as here on the forum. And one of your calls has been referred as a complaint.
 can understand and appreciate why but would suggest sticking to the one channel to avoid duplication and perhaps misunderstandings at our end. I can see your phone enquiry/complaint has been referred so will ensure that is linked with the request to Amend so that they have a full picture . And I would now allow that process to follow through so as I don;t blur the lines for you and/or my colleagues 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in