Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:37:56 GMT by David Bentley
Good Evening, 

I'm trying to get a land registry charge removed so I can remortgage the house and its causing huge delays. The debt has been settled, I have uploaded the settlement letter. Mortimer and Clarke the solicitors that were dealing with the debt have advised me today that they put an application in for it to be removed back in December '23.

The application reference number is: R352GRS. 

Property is 34, BD6 3YQ.

My worry is I've been waiting 4 months already for this to be removed and like I said I'm in the middle of remortgaging my house and they won't complete until this charge has been taken off and the deadline for completion is the 9th June which isn't that long away. 

Is there anyone I can ring to find out more information/to speed it up and how long I'm expected to wait as I thought it was all dealt with when I settled the account?

Many thanks,
David Bentley
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 06:34:52 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M David - application received 7th Dec and waiting to be processed. If there's an urgency then it needs to be expedited 
Expedition reduces the wait time but the registration requirements then have to be met and everything in order.
I'll flag with colleagues to expedite it based solely on your post here and it should be processed in the coming days
Feel free to post again Friday or Monday for an update - it may be a few days but we can check again for you
WYK743362
PS - I've edited your post header as it's an equitable and not land charge. Hope that's ok as it helps others who might be searching for similar threads/posts
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:54:14 GMT by David Bentley
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the prompt reply and thank you for speeding the progress up.

Thanks again
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:14:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi David - the application has been completed and the register updated with removal of the equitable charge now done. 
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 18:03:58 GMT by David Bentley

Thanks Adam, brilliant service! Much appreciated.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in