Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:13:25 GMT by

Hi Adam

My application was confirmed as expedited by the solicitor about 6 weeks ago (30 working days ago, 29-Feb). I have a confirmed offer for remortgage which will not proceed if title deed is not received at the earliest, resulting in punitively high mortgage rates with consequent dire personal impact. While solicitors are not able to provide a definite date, I estimate I have at best 1-2 weeks, to help avoid such a situation.

My solicitor has also spoken to HMLR few days ago and were advised that until the applications ahead of ours have been dealt with, nothing can be done on our application.

Is there any other mechanism to help expedite the application?

Thanks & Regards

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 08:58:22 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi - expedition hastens matters but it's not a magic wand or instant fix. If there are prior applications affecting the same title/development then they have to be considered in 'priority' order. That's not priority as in they are more urgent but priority as in they were submitted ahead of yours and must therefore be considered 
Whilst there are times that applications might be processed out of that priority order if your conveyancer has been told as suggested then that's been considered but isn't possible 
Your own conveyancer should know what's ahead of your application and what affects the seller's title otherwise presumably would not have completed. 
What specifics do you have re the title number(s) and plot number/postal address?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:02:07 GMT by
Thanks Adam, it is plot 2132 (flat 36) , Somers House, KT12 1FW.

Completely understand what you have stated, however, we are in a significant predicament given the impact on our mortgage. 

Greatly appreciate if you can assist in any possible way. 
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:27:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
Many thanks - ok well that ones not been expedited as yet so seems some miscommunication somewhere.
I've contacted casework colleagues to ask them to make it EXP and will then see what, if anything can be done, to assist
SY892820
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:18:00 GMT by
Thanks Adam, greatly appreciate this! 
Posted Mon, 06 May 2024 16:19:58 GMT by
Hi Adam, please can you advise if any updates? I understand from solicitor that information requested by Registry has been provided by them. Whatever earliest resolution works out, will help my personal situation. 
Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 07:09:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi - the case was partially processed on 23rd April but we needed more from the conveyancer. They have yet to respond 
You'll need to contact them to confirm and to clarify how long before they are able to respond in full

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in