Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 13:43:51 GMT by Hannah Duckworth
Hello 
I am currently waiting on my new build property to be registered from dec 22.
This needs to be done by 19th April as our mortgage offer on the transfer of equity expires and also tennancy on our rented property. I was told it has been expedited however there are still pending applications that need to be completed first. 
My application number is Vb2c14d. 
Is this timescale realistic? 
Thank you, Hannah 
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 14:25:18 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Hannah - it is realistic providing the prior applications don't affect it and crucially that your conveyancer has lodged a correct application so nothing extra is needed/wrong with it
There are only 2 prior plot sales and a separate deed of grant affecting other plots, not your plot, so the expedition should help and the key issue is if your conveyancer has lodged a quality application 
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 14:34:49 GMT by Hannah Duckworth
Thank you for your response.
‘There are only 2 prior plot sales and a separate deed of grant affecting other plot’ please could you explain what this means? Sorry! 
Can you tell me if any pending applications are waiting for more information from Thornton Jones solicitors so I could possibly chase this up?
Thank you
Hannah
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 14:45:40 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hannah - I assume you have more insight than most as to what's happening re the prior applications. So by all means chase that conveyancer firm as their application is waiting for them to respond to one of our requests
But that's not going to have a direct impact on your own plot registration now that it's expedited following your phone call of yesterday.
Expedition simply hastens your own plot Transfer to be processed asap and that will drag the other two, not the one you refer to, forward to be considered also
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 14:51:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hannah - and just to add that as the named conveyancer firm is the same for your plot transfer and the eldest pending application it might be worth asking them if your application is 'missing' key information as well. If they've 'missed' information of the other application might that also be the same on yours for example?
Once your one has been processed we will know if anything's missing but if you wish to be proactive then a Q perhaps worth asking them now
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 14:52:39 GMT by Hannah Duckworth
Hello 
that’s great thank you. From the conversation yesterday it was implied that the information that you were waiting for was holding mine back. 
Can you tell me if this was expedited before Christmas as I was told or is this the first time due to my phone call yesterday? 
Thanks again 
Hannah 
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:09:33 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hannah - things can be implied and things do change quite quickly when an EXP is thrown into the mix. 
It was expedited last year as you state but at that time there were several other prior applications so the delay arose. Hopefully with just a few ahead of it getting to the finish line from here will be a lot quicker.
Post again mid-week and we can check again for you
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:19:40 GMT by Hannah Duckworth

Great. Thank so much will do! 

Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:03:48 GMT by Hannah Duckworth
Good morning<br> Just checking if there has been any movement on this application<br> Thank you<br> Hannah&#160;
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:59:58 GMT by Hannah Duckworth

Good morning<br> Just checking if there has been any movement on this application<br> Thank you<br> Hannah&#160;

Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:16:36 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Hannah - we have just gone back to the conveyancer re the eldest application as they said they had not received previous corres from us. Hopefully they can confirm for you and help with explaining when they hope to be able to respond to keep things moving the that application and then your own
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:34:08 GMT by Hannah Duckworth

Good morning thank you for your reply 

I have just had information from the conveyancer that the current plans submitted do not match the layout on site. 
They have suggested that this might be as simple as a fence being moved however the plots next to mine are fully complete so i am not sure on how this would be doable? 
Has this happened before and what would need doing for this to be rectified? 
Thank you 

Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:30:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Hannah - it can and does happen but remedies can and do vary. If fences need moving and that means other plots are affected it will take time and often result in land having to be transferred out and into plot titles as appropriate
You'd need to rely on the developer/conveyancer for insight and info around issues and remedies in such cases as they arise first and then application(s) are made to us as appropriate
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:05:24 GMT by Hannah Duckworth

Please would you be able to explain why my conveyancer has received a requisition for plot 3 next door to me? On the phone they explained that plot 3 application was behind mine and hadn’t been started yet and that mine would be completed first. Is the requisition to do with another application?

Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:21:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hannah - they act for the buyer of Plot 3 as well and like a number of applications submitted re plot purchases they too can be expedited and processed. Plot 3, like plot 4, has been expedited
It's quite possible that another plots issues re the plans have been resolved whilst others remain outstanding.
I'll see if I can get a further update from the casework team and share once I have that
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:30:06 GMT by Hannah Duckworth
Thank you. I only spoke to someone not long ago and they said that there were a lot more applications infront of plot 3 as opposed to ours which only has a few. I have explained the implications and severity on my application being completed as fast as possible so would be really disappointed if plot 3s has been started before seen as it was received my yourselves a few months after ours was submitted last year too
Thanks again for the info!
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:39:41 GMT by Hannah Duckworth

Convenyancer has just confirmed this requisition was raised in relation to plot 3. I have received conflicting information as they told me plot 3 was behind me in the queue. Why has this been put before mine? 

Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:18:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hannah - your application has already been partially processed and as you are aware there are issues re the boundary position/plans being used. 
Plot 3, along with a number of other plot sales, will also be processed depending on their needs and plot 3 has also been expedited so processing has started. Unfortunately for them their application also has issues hence the request issued to the conveyancer.
Nothing is being 'put before' yours and it's just other applications being processed as and when needed/possible.
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 08:49:43 GMT by Hannah Duckworth

Hi, I wasn’t aware my application had been partially processed as I wasn’t told this on the phone yesterday so my apologies. Are you able to tell me what the boundary issues are as I was only aware of a fence boundary issue with plot 3? 

Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:27:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hannah - we wouldn't go into specifics on the forum or over the phone. I'm waiting fr an update from the casework team re what's happening
If you are also calling us I'd recommend sticking to one channel for information to save any duplication or confusion around Qs asked and answered 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in