Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 14:02:21 GMT by Stephen C

Good afternoon are you able to provide a update on a Adverse Claim that hopefully has now been expedited - 

M043YDT

Many thanks

S

Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 14:50:37 GMT by Adam Hookway
S - lodged 2nd Nov so now waiting to be processed. That's not likely to be for eseveral months based on current average wait times.
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 16:09:52 GMT by Stephen C
Thank you for your response Adam. Our conveyancer advised that they submitted an expedite request yesterday. How much will this shorten the wait time for the claim to be processed if the request is successful, as there is a sale dependent on this?
Many thanks.
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 10:26:11 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stephen - expedition reduces the wait time so it is usually considered within 2 weeks of the expedition being approved.
All the registration requirements still need to be met so expedition is no magic wand or quick fix sadly.
In adv p claims there are often a few stages/hurdles to pass inc a site visit/survey and wider checks such as contacting landowners to confirm facts etc
The survey and checks can usually add up to 2-3 months minimum extra time needed but only if everything is in order of course
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 10:32:38 GMT by Stephen C
Thanks Adam, when would be the best time to check that the expedition request has been successful?
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 10:38:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
If the application is holding up a linked/dependent transaction such as a sale/purchase then it should be approved quite quickly so in the next couple of days
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 10:41:11 GMT by Stephen C
Great, thanks. The piece of land is registered with someone who is now deceased, and should have been signed over to us when we bought our house but wasn't. Will this create more hold-ups, the fact that the landowner is deceased?
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 10:52:54 GMT by Adam Hookway

Quite possibly depending on the claim and what checks are required.

Whilst I understand the concern re timescales there are 2 key stages to get past before thinking about precise timescales

The first is the claim/facts and do they stack up and cover the legal requirements - if they don't then that will delay things whilst we request more

The second is the site visit - that's our way of checking that what's on the ground matches the claim and the facts presented.

If both of those are past then the wider checks click in and they have a specific timescale attached to them (3 weeks usually)

So I would suggest focussing on the conveyancer as they will have updates re the first 2 stages and can keep track of what's happening. 

By all means post again here but I'd suggest trying to limit such contact at least until you know things are at the final wider check stage when things can be a little bit more definitive for you

Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 10:30:10 GMT by Stephen C
Good Morning,

Since the Ordinance Survey team has now visited the property, could you please provide any updates? We're getting concerned that additional delays may lead to the loss of the property sale. 
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 10:42:37 GMT by Adam Hookway

G M Stephen - the survey report is now in and is being considered by one of our lawyers. 

We are though still waiting for the conveyancer to respond to a request to amend the submitted paperwork. They were contacted on the 2nd Nov but as yet we have not received a reply. You may wish to contact them to see when they plan to reply as that can then match up with the next steps once confirmed by the lawyer

Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 11:01:59 GMT by Stephen C
Good Morning 

Are you able to confirm you now have everything you need from our conveyancer, and if there are any further update on the progress.

Kindest Regards

Stephen 
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 11:21:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Stephen - still waiting for a conveyancer response
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 12:31:40 GMT by Stephen C
We believe they have resubmitted what you require. Are you able to confirm please, Also are able to confirm at what stage we are now on in the process.

Many Thanks

Stephen 
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:14:08 GMT by Stephen C
Good Morning are you able to advise on the above question please

Many thanks

Stephen
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:24:16 GMT by Adam Hookway

Stephen - we received a reply yesterday so the case plus amended form are back with the casework team to consider next steps. If it's now ok the next stage will be wider checks 

Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 11:43:21 GMT by Stephen C
Good Morning 

Are you able to offer any further updates please 

Many Thanks 

Stephen 
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 11:53:15 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Stephen - their reply was incomplete so we went back again on 2nd and they replied yesterday with the missing paperwork.
It will need to go back to a senior officer to consider so will ensure that happens asap
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 12:12:10 GMT by Stephen C
Adam 

Sorry to bother but can you please explain in more details what the next steps are ? and potential time frames please. We are getting increasingly concerned that these delays will cause us to the loose the sale of our property.

Many Thanks 

Stephen 
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 13:18:36 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stephen - the application includes a claim as to ownership of land through adverse possession. The final stage re such applications is to notify adjoining land/property owners to see if they consent/object to the registration. They are given time (65 days) to respond.
That's the final stage I'd expect to happen next if the conveyancer has provided the requested complete paperwork
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 15:01:07 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stephen - I've checked with the casework team to just be sure of the above and it's as stated. There will be a longish wait whilst the wider checks are carried out but that can be shortened if we get replies from all recipients as appropriate.
Much will depend on how they view matters and how proactive they are in replying
And with this scenario it's a 65 day notice period for the checks and not the 3 weeks I quoted in my reply - now amended
Apologies in case you'd read my last post already

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in