Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 04:45:56 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
I am in the process of selling my property. I bought the property through shared ownership and recently acquired 100% and the shared ownership. We have recently been involved in an incident where my family were attacked and have had to move out of the property due to a threat to our safety. I have luckily found a buyer in this market through the auction process and must get the house sold within 56 days, however I have been told the transfer of the freehold has not gone through at land registry therefore I applied for an expedite. This expedite has been accepted but now I am told there are 3 applications with the same parent title ahead of us and there is nothing we can do even though our situation is so severe due to this threat to my family. I have been told the first application hasn't had a response since the 9th August and it feels like we are being punished for them being slow and we are most likely going to lose this buyer which would really put a dent in us buying a new property and moving out of this place for the safety of my family.

I am hoping someone can advise me with what more I can do to explain the severity of the situation and quicken up my application process as the expedited applications ahead of me don't seem to be that urgent or bothered. 

My title number is EGL300674 and the reference number is NB93C50. Any kind of help to get this situation resolved would be appreciated. 
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 05:51:07 GMT by Adam Hookway
Izzazur - I'm sorry to read of the issues you are facing and for the delay in processing your application. Although it has been expedited we are hampered by the fact that there are prior applications pending against your seller's title which are not in order and have yet to be finalised.
Your application was submitted on 19th July and expedited.
We contacted the prior application's conveyancer on the 7th August with a request for more information and await their reply. As soon as we get the requested information we can hopefully process and complete your own application quickly.
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:33:03 GMT by Izzazur Rahman

I just can't understand why the order of priority cannot be changed due to the severity of situation. The other applications done by the development are probably flats and the plot I purchased was a house. Due to this rule I will end up losing the buyer and as it is an auction will have to pay a £6,000 fine. Like I said there was a criminal incident in the house and my family and I just want to sell and move as quickly as possible. This issue with priority will probably delay us by 6 months. If the other applications were so urgent I'm sure they would of replied by now. 
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:47:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Izzazur - the order of priority is with regards protected interests having priority over each other rather than priority through 'urgency' for example.
When you completed on your transaction your conveyancer would have checked what was pending against the seller's title(s) for example and acknowledged those that had priority over your transaction
I would suggest speaking to your conveyancer to see if they can bring any professional influence to bear on their fellow conveyancer. 
But I will speak to the casework team to see if there's anything that can be done re your own application 
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:50:19 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
If it helps I can provide you with the crime reference number to show you the severity of the situation and how important it is for us to sell the property. 

Is there anything else I can provide? 
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:52:06 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Also how will they know who the conveyancer is for the other applications?

Thank you for your quick responses. 
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:55:20 GMT by Adam Hookway
Izzazur - the crime ref number won't change the registration order of priority sadly so no need to share. We are already aware of your urgency but our hands are tied re the priority I mentioned.
Your conveyancer will be aware or can check for themselves who the other conveyancer firm is etc
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 09:05:10 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Thank you hopefully the other firms are quicker with their responses. I just don't understand why people with genuine urgency should be punished for other people who have applied for the expedited service and aren't being urgent with their responses isn't that the whole point of the service to help those with urgent needs. 
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 10:09:40 GMT by Adam Hookway
Izzazur - that is the whole point of the expedite service but if you have a busy title, as is the case here, registration priority needs must be protected and accounted for as well.
Expedition is not a magic wand sadly other than to reduce the wait time but if other prior applications impact then the registration process cannot complete int he way you, and us, would want in such an urgent circumstance.
Hopefully your own conveyancer can explain this in more detail for you and specifically with regards your urgent personal circumstances
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 09:11:46 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Hi Adam, 

Sorry to bother you again is there any update with the applications in front of us? 

My title number is EGL300674 and the reference number is NB93C50. 
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 09:38:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Izzazur - we've managed to clear the older applications that were holding things up. So now waiting for casework team to update us re your own application from here
Things are moving in the right and positive direction hopefully so everything now hinges on your own application being in order
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 09:53:12 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Thank you for all your help Adam, really appreciate it. You have no idea how much of a lifesaver you have been. 
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 10:06:02 GMT by Adam Hookway
Izzazur - keep the positive vibes going and hopefully we can get this over the finish line soon. Keep nudging me and no need to say sorry each time
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 10:30:53 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Yes definitely positive vibes. I'll give you a nudge in the afternoon hopefully I get some good news. 
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 13:45:54 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Hi Adam, 

Any updates from the caseworker. Please let me know if anything else is required from the conveyancer and I'll get in contact with them directly. 

Thanks

​​​
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 09:15:08 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Hi Adam, 

Any updates this morning? 
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 09:43:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Izzazur - nothing concrete other than I can see it is being worked on currently so we should know more before the end of the day
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 13:06:00 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Hi Adam any further updates? 
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 13:22:43 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Izzazur - good news is that it's been processed but the bad news is we can't complete it. 
We we need more from the conveyancer. They've been contacted this afternoon with our request listing what's missing or lacking. 
I can't share those specifics with you but hopefully your conveyancer can and also clarify how long they might take to respond. If they respond in full then we should be able to get the registration completed 
Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 09:45:25 GMT by Izzazur Rahman
Hi Adam any further updates? 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in