Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 03:51:12 GMT by J G
Hello Adam,

Our purchase was completed in 03/2021. The first application was submitted in 06/2021. The requisition was not received and could not be handled because our conveyancer left a wrong email address and post address. Finally, the application was cancelled in 03/2023. 
Our conveyancer resubmitted the application in 04/2023. Now one year passed and I'm worried about if the second application will be cancelled again because the conveyancer joined a new law firm recently and he said it's the previous law firm's responsibility to complete our application. Do you have any suggestion for us to handle this situation?
Could you please help us check our second application status (transfer of part Title No: CB478097)? Is there any prior submission that would be against our application? Thank you.

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:09:25 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello J G - sorry to read of the cancellation of the original application and the 'missed' communications. THe new application is as stated and now waiting to be processed. 
I've had a cursory look to compare the issues raised on the first one with the new application and it looks like they've been addressed.
There's no prior submission that would be against your application so it is a case of still waiting for it to be processed and completed. Hopefully there's nothing 'new' that causes a problem when that happens.
Your purchase and ownership remain protected. Based on current timescales processing probably won;t start for a few months yet. Feel free to make a note to post again then and we can check again for you
CB478097
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:45:29 GMT by J G
Hello Adam,

Thank you for your reply.

I was told by the customer support that there is a prior application ahead of ours with reference N535KXS and this application will need to be completed before our application are able to be processed. Could you please let help us verify what the reference N535KXS submission is? Will this reference N535KXS submission against our application?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 10:25:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
J G - that is correct and it is an application submitted by your own conveyancer and linked to protecting your own purchase/later application
We contacted the conveyancer on the 25th March and they have as yet not replied.
I would suggest speaking to your conveyancer to confirm and to clarify whether that prior application is actually now required since the later application to register your purchase has also been submitted 
The processing of that earlier application has not impacted and won;t impact on the purchase application unless of course the conveyancer does nothing and does not respond.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:58:50 GMT by J G

Thank you, Adam.

I'm glad that I asked on this forum.

Actually, the conveyancer left the law firm and I'm concerned that the letter is missing again because it was sent to the conveyancer's previous law firm email address.

Could you please advise what I can do to handle this situation?

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:44:32 GMT by J G
Hi Adam,

If the conveyancer does nothing about N535KXS, how this will impact CB478097?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:51:02 GMT by Adam Hookway
J G - I'd do as I suggested and speak to your new conveyancer. Explain that xys submitted a UN1 to protect our purchase. HMLR can't process it so that needs to be resolved and can probably be withdrawn/cancelled 
The 'new' conveyancer anwar email can do that as same firm submitted the second application, namely to register your purchase. They can check online to confirm both applications and then correct matters as appropriate.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 13:56:33 GMT by J G
Adam- I really appreciate your reply. If the new conveyancer does not respond to the un1 requisition within the certain date, will the un1 be canceled? If the UN1 is cancelled, Will our MB74B91 application be canceled as well?

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:05:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
J G - if they don;t respond they will be sent a reminder and then in time it would be cancelled.
It won't impact on the later application re your purchase registration 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in