Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 08:29:08 GMT by Helen Carmichael
Hello - I am divorcing and receiving the house as part of the settlement - there is no mortgage on it. My ex has filled in TR1 - the solicitors want over £1000 to process this and are looking to do searches - is this necessary? I have lived in the property for 24 years.
I can't see if we just fill in TR1 and also what fee is applicable? The house agreed value is £1,150,000. If the solicitors witness TR1 do we need to fill in the ID forms too? Sorry but the site is confusing as it says just to fill in TR1 but then says to send AP1 too. I can't work out the fee and the phone number says 'not in use'.
Many thanks.
Helen
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 12:43:47 GMT by Nimish Patel
Helen - The solicitors will conduct Searches to ensure the title is clear and protect the priority of their client prior to actual application being submitted.  It is not for us to comment if its necessary or not.  That is something you need to discuss with your solicitor.  

Land Registration fees for registering change of ownership are calculated under
-  Scale 1 of our Fees Order based on amount of the transaction if there is money changing hands, or
-  Scale 2 of our Fees Order based on current market value of the property where there is no money changing hands. 
You can access the Registration Services Fees Guide on our website to calculate the fees - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees

With regards to the forms required, if the application is submitted by a non-conveyancer then we do require
- a transfer in form TR1, 
- an application in form AP1 to change the register
- evidence of identity in form ID1 or ID3 for anyone who is not legally represented. 
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 13:35:57 GMT by Helen Carmichael

Hello - many thanks for this. Probably easier for a solicitor to do. I think the fees show £140 if you can pay via the portal (ie business/solicitor) and £305 post. 
To then change the name back to my maiden name do I simply send form AP1 with change of name, no fee, and evidence of name change? I’m getting a change of name deed and should have absolute soon.

many thanks 

Helen

Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 14:58:39 GMT by Nimish Patel
Helen - You can include the Change of name application as part of the application for the transfer or submit as you have stated once the transfer has been completed. 

Our requirements for name change, depending on the circumstances, can be found on our website - https://customerhelp.landregistry.gov.uk/guide-external-start/?guideid=6bdf3624-b982-eb11-a812-000d3ad48f95

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in