Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:17:04 GMT by Gemma Ribakovs
My partner Jake, and I want to split a title and make changes, we have two plots of woodland under one title, split 50/50 Joint tenancy.

Plot A I want to transfer to Jake
plot B we want to keep 50/50 but change it to tenants in common and update our addresses.

I understand we will need to write to a cover letter to explain why we want to split it as its at the registrars discretion. My questions are:

1. on AP1 form, section 4, what do I call the application for plot b to change to tenant in common and addresses? Maybe ‘change’ ?
2. plot A do I call this application ‘Transfer’?
3. Do I list the fee for both plots A and B as £45 each as they may become two titles? As the decision is discretionary I’m unsure.
4. Am I correct In thinking I fill a Tp1 for both plots to split the title and make the changes ?
5. our old address’s are on original title, we will add new addresses to the tp1 ap1, id3 forms. But do we have to fill any other form to update our the address? 
Thank you 
Gemma 

Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 08:59:35 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gemma - if you are the joint owners then when you transfer plot A to Jake you would use form TP1 to do that and that would split the title. You don;t split first and then transfer it.
So you would be lodging a single form AP1 against the single title
1. Panel 4 of form AP1 would list the order of the transactions for example Transfer of part > Severance or Form A restriction > Change of address 
Much will then depend on how you sever your joint tenancy and how you want to change your addresses but you can do it all under the one application and provide evidence of identity for both of you as appropriate
2. Transfer of part Plot A
3. The only fee would be for the Transfer of part - and if the transfer is a gift then it's Scale 2 on the current market value of the transferred land. The discretion element is only if it was a split and both parts staying int he same ownership, which it isn't.
4. See earlier advice
5. Whilst you can use the specific form as linked you can do it all as part of your one application in form AP1 provided you make it clear what your new addresses are and provide the confirmation re identities

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in