Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 15 May 2023 20:29:57 GMT by Oneill Murray
Section 6 of the form for severance of joint tenancy 'This application is sent to Land Registry by', is its OK for me to put my details there as long as my mothers name is in the applicant box and she has signed the document?
Also section 7 the box 'The original or certified copy of the notice of severance my certificate is enclosed, confirming that the notice was given....' Please advise what would sort of certificate would this be, could it be the recorded delivery proof?
any thanks
Posted Tue, 16 May 2023 06:21:56 GMT by Adam Hookway
Oneill Murray - panel 6 is simply for the name and address plus email and phone number of the person submitting the application. That can be just you.
If you are both applying and signing the form then panel 7 (A) could be used.
If you have served notice on her and are opting for panel 7 (c) option 2 then you would provide a certificate in writing which starts 'I certify that....' and then finish with the wording as shown for example.
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 15:10:52 GMT by Oneill Murray
Hello, how can I check on an update for my Sev application please?
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 16:07:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
Oneill Murray - wait times are lengthy and can be as long as 4/5 months currently
If you have the title number then happy to check and confirm receipt?
Posted Sun, 27 Aug 2023 17:17:03 GMT by Oneill Murray

Thanks for the reply, title number is WM686091.

Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 06:41:48 GMT by Adam Hookway
Oneill Murray - many thanks. Received 15th June and waiting to be processed. That may not be for a few months yet but we will write to the applicant when it is started/completed
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 22:33:54 GMT by Oneill Murray

I have received a letter dated 2nd September about panel 9. If we resubmit the form and my mother Mrs Norma Murray signs it instead of me would this be OK, or do we need to send a letter that she authorises me to act?

Many thanks

Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 05:24:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Oneill Murray - either will do and we do need a complete form as stated in the letter. 
Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 06:27:39 GMT by Oneill Murray
My opologies if I am misunderstanding but when you say '...and we do need a complete form', this indicates there are 2 issues. Apart from my mother signing panel 9, which other part would be incomplete?
Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 09:45:28 GMT by Adam Hookway

ONeill Murray - our letter mentioned two things. Proof of your authority to act and a complete form

Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 17:08:32 GMT by Oneill Murray
My apologies if I am missing something, please can you advise me which part of the form was not filled in? Section 9 is for the signature of the 'applicant or their conveyancer'. That part was signed by me which you have indicated is the issue which can be rectified by my mother signing on. If she had done this on the original form you have what is the section that still wasnt complete? 
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 06:19:38 GMT by Adam Hookway

ONeill Murray - the form SEV you submitted ended at panel 8 so was incomplete

You need to submit a complete form so one that includes a panel 9 signed and dated as per the request

Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 02:15:49 GMT by Oneill Murray

My mother has contacted me that you have written to her with documents to sign and also a request for some certificate (she didnt explain very well). This has been going for months now and in the first instance we have already sent you notification and a copy of the notice that was served. Please can I get some clarity on what is required as I live some distance from my mother and wont see her till possibly the end of February.

Regards

Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 09:57:48 GMT by Nimish Patel
ONeill Murray - The certificate we require to be signed is set out in the letter that we have sent to your mother.  She just needs to complete the relevant bits in the letter that we have sent her together with signing the form SEV.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:29:09 GMT by Oneill Murray
I'm really sorry to bother again but my mother has messaged me that she has received more forms to complete and isnt sure why as she has sent off the last request back in February. I am not near hear and she isnt explaining very well as she is confused and I cant get down to her for another couple of weeks, please can you advise did you receive the forms sent in February and is this a new request?

Many thanks for your patience.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:34:45 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Oneill Murray - we contacted her on 29th Feb and again on 20th March asking her to respond to the Feb letter.
I'll ask the casework team to extend the timescale and to wait for a full response

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 23:37:55 GMT by Oneill Murray
I have today received your letter dated 28th March and apologize that you have not received the full information required despite me repeatedly asking my mother if she knew what to put on the document. 
Is she able to give you that bit of information over the phone or do you require her to send a letter?

Regards 
Oneill Murray  
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 06:46:24 GMT by Adam Hookway
Oneill - we need a written response so please respond as per the received request
WM686091
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 11:48:24 GMT by Oneill Murray
My apologies for the question, I did not realize you had sent her something to complete as well as the letter to me.
She advises me she has completed and posted this last Wednesday before I could check it was correct. I believe she has filled in the 3rd request as "recorded delivery" when it should have been hand delivery.
If you need anything else please further allow me the time to sort it and I am sorry it is taking this long due to her being confused about the requirements. I did suggest a solicitor do it but she has again declined this. 

Many thanks

Oneill Murray
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 12:54:44 GMT by Adam Hookway
Oneill - if her reply is insufficient I'll post again but it looks like she's added the required info. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in